2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 2, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
Lol wat

I think we've now reached biggest reach of all of anti-Trump reaches.

Weird how they quickly deleted it and replaced the star with a circle though.

His /pol and alt right supporters are pretty openly anti semitic so it's not really a shock, probably just retweeted one of their things.

I don't think the Dems will need to have Joe Lieberman or Russ Feingold on the ticket at this point...

They've pretty much alienated 75% of the country at this point.

What's going to be amusing is watching every member of the Trump Family give speeches (Ivanka's will be the only worthwhile one, she's much more politically astute than her father, Eric's will be terrible) because they can't fill all the spots at the Republican Convention.

I'm sure they'll have some really kooky ones like Gary Busey that might outdo the Eastwood talking to a chair routine.

Even Ditka won't come within 100 miles of Cleveland to burnish his ego.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
Comey: Here's a ton of evidence about repeated violation of federal law at the highest level. Thus, we're recommending no criminal charges.

Haha that presser was fun.

He really should just resign. A disgrace of a lawman. We have officially reached 2 levels of laws, one for us, one for politicians.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
He really should just resign. A disgrace of a lawman. We have officially reached 2 levels of laws, one for us, one for politicians.

Well I don't think he had a choice. He absolutely buried her for 20 minutes.

This line: "To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences." Have to think he included that intentionally.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
Comey: Here's a ton of evidence about repeated violation of federal law at the highest level. Thus, we're recommending no criminal charges.

Haha that presser was fun.

There was absolutely zero political will to do anything about it. It was the least surprising thing about this entire Presidential campaign. It is why Bernie Sanders didn't make an issue of it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

The public should demand his firing immediately. The president would overrule it however. He should resign. He laid down his sportscoat for Hillary to walk over the messy pond. FBI ... today you are the laughingstock of a great nation that day by day is losing its "great nation" status because of elitism. s*** people are worried about Trump getting so much power he could be a Hitler, f*** Hillary has the FBI in her corner. What about concerns of her upcoming power??? She's the one potentially with unabashed power. Nobody will touch her not even the feds.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

This is a Hall of Fame post in Soxtalk history. Said it simply, but truthfully.

Did you guys really think a politician of Hillary's caliber would be indicted?

Sure you hoped but to honestly think it would come fruition?

Politicians have always played by separate rules just like the nation's rich people. It is what it is.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)

Politicians have always played by separate rules just like the nation's rich people. It is what it is.

Sad, but true. There was a zero percent chance of indictment, even before Bill tracked down the AG.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)

Officially reached?

We've been there since Aaron Burr got off for murder charges.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)
That was expected. A lot of Bernie supporters were banking on an indictment.

Good for Trump in coming up with another catch phrase that might stick. He's got the very mean, "Crooked Hillary" which has sort of stuck but now the effective, "THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
Good for Trump in coming up with another catch phrase that might stick. He's got the very mean, "Crooked Hillary" which has sort of stuck but now the effective, "THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED."

You know you love the Cankled Paragon, G.

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/videos...e=2&theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5SAVUulYv0

Surresli who has time for such trivialities when Trump may have told an Atlantic City waitress to lose some weight 30 years ago. Or put various La Raza and Muslim Brotherhood fronts on notice to start packing. Or Trump U. failed to make everyone a billionaire. What an ogre! The outrage. And for the love of god, what about the tranny bathroomses!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 5, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)

And it happens on boths sides of the aisle.

No one in the Bush White House faced criminal charges for lying about WMDs, Cheney never was indicted for outing a CIA agent that put in risk and might've even cost the lives of secret agents, just because he wanted to embarrass Ambassador Wilson after his NY Times piece in which he debunked many of the Bush claims in lead up to the Iraq War.

High treason that went unpunished, only a slap on the wrist to a Cheney underling.

To be fair, yes I despise Hillary and reports of her mean-ness, but that doesn't mean I support Trump. For the record I will vote for neither.

I was watching an internet film in which a man describes how he designed a clubhouse for a Trump golf course and Trump and his legions of ruffians basically refused to pay. They gave the guy about 1/3 of the amount agreed upon. The Trump attorney said if it went to court he'd make sure he got the case delayed for years so he better take the offer.

This video was convincing; I am assuming it's true. I would think Trump would just say it's a lie, like Hillary would and does.

f*** them both ... I want a name of a good write in candidate. I will not vote for Trump or equally despicable (to me) Hillary.