Sox interested in Carlos Gonzalez

Sockin

I know this isn't really news and we kind of already know this but this guy is saying the Sox are interested in acquiring Gonzalez. Worth noting that Morosi follows him.

Wilmer Reina

‏@WilmerReina

Fuente: Los #WhiteSox están interesados en Carlos González

https://twitter.com/WilmerReina/status/685536953719218176

Edit: Crap, I forgot to finish the sub-title

Edited by Sockin

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 11:09 AM)
Just guessing but I think the Sox have moved on since Colorado asked for Q in return. That's the rumor anyway...

Reds supposedly needed one of Fullmer / Anderson for Frazier. Rumors are what they are. I guarantee Sox and Rocks have talked and will continue to talk from time to time on their outfielders (given our need). I can't imagine a scenario where Hahn and Kenny are entirely focused on one guy. Just not the reality of things (and it isn't as if their is one guy who is hands down the better option, imo). I'm sure they have preferences though, but the situation is fluid and they do not control the situation, so those preferences probably change depending on market circumstances.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Reds supposedly needed one of Fullmer / Anderson for Frazier. Rumors are what they are. I guarantee Sox and Rocks have talked and will continue to talk from time to time on their outfielders (given our need). I can't imagine a scenario where Hahn and Kenny are entirely focused on one guy. Just not the reality of things (and it isn't as if their is one guy who is hands down the better option, imo). I'm sure they have preferences though, but the situation is fluid and they do not control the situation, so those preferences probably change depending on market circumstances.

I forget who but a writer had said yesterday that the Sox had been in contact with Colorado about the asking price of their outfielders and Hahn said after the winter meetings that he had many irons in the fire. I definitely see where you're coming from although I don't think the Sox match up in a trade for CarGo as long as Colorado's asking price is along the lines of Q.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
Hilarious to think they could get q with Gonzalez contract. They may wait to see what happens with Ozuna. They'll have to take a lesser package.

Not only the contract but also the injury concern. I can see trying for Q of its the other 2 outfielders but not cargo

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Not only the contract but also the injury concern. I can see trying for Q of its the other 2 outfielders but not cargo

Hard to imagine they could even get a similar package to what Frazier went for, considering Frazier had considerable more trade value than CarGo does right now given the relative salaries, injury histories and current OF market. That asking price is going to have to come way down.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Hard to imagine they could even get a similar package to what Frazier went for, considering Frazier had considerable more trade value than CarGo does right now given the relative salaries, injury histories and current OF market. That asking price is going to have to come way down.

I agree. Sox appear to have a lot of lines in the water. I still think they end up with Cespedes. I didn't know he and Abreu were friends. All things being equal, I think that draws him to the Sox. I just wonder what teams will are interested. Except for the White Sox, they all seem like maybes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
I agree. Sox appear to have a lot of lines in the water. I still think they end up with Cespedes. I didn't know he and Abreu were friends. All things being equal, I think that draws him to the Sox. I just wonder what teams will are interested. Except for the White Sox, they all seem like maybes.

Agreed. Working all of the lines to lower the prices.

CarGo makes sense in that he will be the least expensive option is younger than Cespedes, plays RF, and fits in the three year window that the Sox supposedly do not want to surpass. I imagine a package would be built around Anderson and Fulmer to get the deal done with some other pieces thrown in there.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
CarGo makes sense in that he will be the least expensive option is younger than Cespedes, plays RF, and fits in the three year window that the Sox supposedly do not want to surpass. I imagine a package would be built around Anderson and Fulmer to get the deal done with some other pieces thrown in there.

The sox will not deal anderson or fulmer and especially not both. If this is the price, there is no deal.

I think there's no way the Sox would give up Anderson or Fulmer unless the Rockies would eat a significant chunk of Carlos' salary.

What makes you think the Sox would give up more for CarGo than they did for Frazier when Frazier's younger, has been the better player for the last two seasons, doesn't have the health concerns that CarGo does and will cost $25 million less than CarGo over the next two seasons?

I'd never trade Anderson and Fulmer

He is also a left handed hitter, and you guys all know how much weight I give that consideration. Moreover, he kills RH pitching, which is just about all the Sox see, at least from starters. I don't think that he is going to cost that much in talent, given that he is owed $37Million, for these last two years of his contract. He certainly is not worth Quintana, and I wouldn't give up Fulmer for him either. What do the Rockies want most, prospects or established pitching? I'm afraid that I never have quite been able to fully comprehend the Colorado factor. Would it be reasonable to expect him to perform in Chicago, and in the A. L.? That's my biggest concern, even more than the injuries.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
He is also a left handed hitter, and you guys all know how much weight I give that consideration. Moreover, he kills RH pitching, which is just about all the Sox see, at least from starters. I don't think that he is going to cost that much in talent, given that he is owed $37Million, for these last two years of his contract. He certainly is not worth Quintana, and I wouldn't give up Fulmer for him either. What do the Rockies want most, prospects or established pitching? I'm afraid that I never have quite been able to fully comprehend the Colorado factor. Would it be reasonable to expect him to perform in Chicago, and in the A. L.? That's my biggest concern, even more than the injuries.

I'm not sure Colorado yet has a gameplan for what type of team it wants.

If I was an outside the box kinda guy, I would pinpoint Colorado hard for a job. They have gotten close but have been too timid to be really creative.