Sox interested in Carlos Gonzalez

Sockin

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Because I am a pathetically bored Sox fan, I'll play devil's advocate.

We did trade for Lawrie, despite his pre '15 health issues.

I will say this for CarGo, he played 153 games with over 600 PA in '15 so he has that going for him.

If we can get him without giving up Q or Anderson or Fulmer, by all means, let's go for it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
Carlos Gonzalez is signed for 2 more yrs at $17 and $20 mil. Same 2-year window as Frazier. Won't have to pay Cespedes 4 years. Just sayin.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/686975117012893696

True. It's a lot of money, and the Sox apparently have said no to swapping Q for Cargo. So, unless the Rockies would agree to a lesser deal, I don't think there's any chance.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 3m3 minutes ago

Source: #Orioles, #Rockies engaged in "ongoing trade talks" on Colorado outfielders. Rockies have surplus following Parra deal. @FOXSports

DO IT!

Edited by southside hitman

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)

Source: #Orioles, #Rockies engaged in "ongoing trade talks" on Colorado outfielders. Rockies have surplus following Parra deal. @FOXSports

DO IT!

Yes! This would be huge for us and Cespedes.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)

DO IT!

It would be incredible to see Baltimore give up a nice prospect package for any of the Rockies OFs taking them out of both Davis and Cespedes.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't. They still need pitching

The Rockies could still trade one or two of their outfielders for pitching so Davis could make some sense and his power at Coors has the potential to be monstrous. Especially batting in front of or behind Arenado. I think the only hindrance to the Rockies being serious suitors for Davis is Reyes' abscene salary, otherwise the Rockies and Davis would be a hell of a fit.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
True. It's a lot of money, and the Sox apparently have said no to swapping Q for Cargo. So, unless the Rockies would agree to a lesser deal, I don't think there's any chance.

There's no way the Rockies are getting a pitcher the caliber of Quintana from anyone, Sox or otherwise, for CarGo. Recent deals and signings make that pretty clear imo. The conversation from the Sox side should start with anyone other than ANderson/Fulmer.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
There's no way the Rockies are getting a pitcher the caliber of Quintana from anyone, Sox or otherwise, for CarGo. Recent deals and signings make that pretty clear imo. The conversation from the Sox side should start with anyone other than ANderson/Fulmer.

Frankly, if they can't get a Fulmer level player for him as the centerpiece of a multi-player deal they should hold him until the deadline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
Frankly, if they can't get a Fulmer level player for him as the centerpiece of a multi-player deal they should hold him until the deadline.

I see your point, but I don't think the Rockies are going to roll all the way to the All-Star break with 4 lefty hitting outfielders. If CarGo doesn't go now, someone else will imo; the Rockies need to free up a spot for Parra (assuming he stays a Rockie).