If you were Jose Hernandez...

Jjav829

If you were Jose Hernandez, would you want the single season record for most strikeouts?

I keep hearing that this is a record that no one would want, which brings up an interesting question. If bad publicity is better than no publicity, is holding a bad record better than holding no records? Think of it like this. Your an average player who isn't near being a top player. You've bounced around in the league and are now a full time starter. Your not good enough to set any major records. When you retire your most likely not going to be talked about, and you won't be remembered by most people. But, if you set this record, your name will be in the record books, and your name will be brought up everytime a player starts striking out a lot in the season. I say... go for it Jose! Set the bar high! Make sure you don't make contact on any swing the rest of the season! Whos with me?

For a while I heard he was going to be benched. I thought that was the stupidest thing possible.

Hernandez has had a pretty damn good season despite the high strikeout totals and had like a 4 hit game yesterday against Roy Oswalt, whose a stud pitcher. He was also an All Star this season and is one of the best players on a crappy Brewer team. If he gets the strikeout record then so be it, imo.

Look at it this way - after he retires, every time someone closes in on his record, he'll be mentioned on SportsCenter!

So WHY NOT get the record? Not intentionally, of course, but he got almost 190 K's without trying, so what's a few more?

Nobody's going to be mentioning Royce Clayton on SportsCenter unless he break some laws!

He has been making a lot of contact since he got close to the record. Maybe at the start of next season, he should tell himself that he already has 180 K's - that way, he'll concentrate on making contact!

Originally posted by The Critic

Look at it this way - after he retires, every time someone closes in on his record, he'll be mentioned on SportsCenter!

So WHY NOT get the record? Not intentionally, of course, but he got almost 190 K's without trying, so what's a few more?

Nobody's going to be mentioning Royce Clayton on SportsCenter unless he break some laws!

He has been making a lot of contact since he got close to the record. Maybe at the start of next season, he should tell himself that he already has 180 K's - that way, he'll concentrate on making contact!

Yep think of it this way, would you rather be Royce or Jose.

Well, I'd have to say Royce cause he's getting Millions for not doing a damn thing, but a couple years from now, when the game is all set and done, I wouldn't mind joking around saying I set the strikeout record.