Don Cooper At It Again?...

Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
That's the thing -- why would anyone assume that DON COOPER represents the thoughts of the front office? Don Cooper is the meatballiest dude I've ever seen. Of course he wouldn't be business savvy. Why do I care if he responds like a meatball? I wouldn't expect anything less. I just need him to work on pitching mechanics. The rest is whatever.

Don Cooper ranks only second to Ozzie in terms of White Sox meatballs.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
You're wrong. It's not originally from WSI. I'm totally serious

Yeah, if it is coming from the facebook page I think it is, they are professional spammers and have added everyone in site to their page. They would literally do anything for a few hits.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
I actually got an ear in on some of the stuff Coop says when he's not at USCF and I wouldn't be surprised if these reports are true.

I have no doubt he would say it if he thought he was off the record. I do have doubts as to it really being him, and/or it really happening. That stuff is so incredibly easy to fake.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
You are a regular customer at a restaurant.. the ownership changes the menu, the decor.. the quality overall is not to your liking.. You and others decide to go elsewhere..suddenly the restaurant is empty most nights.. The owner or members of the staff go public and rip their former customers.. disparaging them, in some ways insulting them.. placing the onus of their failure to draw customers on the actual customer.. rather than flaws in their operation…

Apparently, you would probably agree with this scenario as well...

Firstly, that's NOT what happened. It would be more like "one random waitress post some disparaging stuff about customers on Facebook."

Secondly, if the food was good. I would totally still go.

Thirdly, I literally never have to interact with Don Cooper in my consumption of the Sox product.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
You are a regular customer at a restaurant.. the ownership changes the menu, the decor.. the quality overall is not to your liking.. You and others decide to go elsewhere..suddenly the restaurant is empty most nights.. The owner or members of the staff go public and rip their former customers.. disparaging them, in some ways insulting them.. placing the onus of their failure to draw customers on the actual customer.. rather than flaws in their operation…

Apparently, you would probably agree with this scenario as well...

The real life to athlete life comparison is weak. It's not even remotely the same planet and you know it

If you want to be butt hurt about Facebook messenger comments that may or may not be real, whatever. Live your truth, rage on, fight the good fight

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Haha my man! Nicely done indeed. I left a huge surprise in the bedroom for her to walk into the other day. Surprised myself even. Took like 5 straight snapchats of her grossed out and posted them for my buddies.

LMFAO! Oh that's hilarious! What would you call that, a gaseous landmine? :notworthy :lolhitting

Anytime the wife and I go back and forth joking around, I threaten her by telling her I'm going to get the peanut butter out and eat the whole jar. " you better f***ing not or your sleeping on the couch!" Is usually her response. I just laugh.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)
The other thing is the assumption that whatever Don Cooper thinks reflects the entire White Sox organization is just some more craziness. If every little thing about being a White Sox fan pisses you off so much, spend your time doing something you enjoy. You will be much better off.

Don't need you to tell me how to spend my time, pal. Been a Sox fan going on the 6th decade..and it's gonna stay that way.. and I'll maintain my skepticism about the organization, whether you disapprove or not..

Your opinion and point of view isn't Gospel Truth.. There's no way for you to know one way or another if the common attitude in the Sox organization is or isn't scorn and derision…

I never assumed that what Cooper thinks reflects the organization.. I'm suggesting its within the realm of possibility.. Has the organization ever issued a disclaimer when Cooper went off on one of his radio rants? Not that i recall.. Have they ever ordered a cease and desist on his disparaging the paying customer? apparently not, because ole Cooper continues to get his shots in.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
The real life to athlete life comparison is weak. It's not even remotely the same planet and you know it

If you want to be butt hurt about Facebook messenger comments that may or may not be real, whatever. Live your truth, rage on, fight the good fight

Athlete life? we are talking business and marketing 101… where normally when there is a problem with the product, or attendance in this case…you address what YOU are doing wrong, as opposed to what the CUSTOMER is doing wrong..

on second thought. you may be right.. life at 35th and Shields reflects more of an insular "company softball team" mentality, as opposed to life in the real world...

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
Athlete life? we are talking business and marketing 101… where normally when there is a problem with the product, or attendance in this case…you address what YOU are doing wrong, as opposed to what the CUSTOMER is doing wrong..

on second thought. you may be right.. life at 35th and Shields reflects more of an insular "company softball team" mentality, as opposed to life in the real world...

Yea man, the Sox are such a different organization than everyone else. I'm sure they have extended their marketing department to cover Facebook decorum

I hear Kenny Williams got on Twitter and told everyone to suck eggs. Let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya and maybe it will go away

You know, I learned something today. It's ok for customers to voice their opinions about a business they don't run and yet continue to be loyal to, but its not ok if an employee of the business voices their opinion about the customers. After all it's not like we live in a country with a little something called Freedom of Speech. Oh the irony of it all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)

People think they are way more important than they really are. Let me be the first to say it, no business owes you anything. The White Sox owe you nothing.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
Don't need you to tell me how to spend my time, pal. Been a Sox fan going on the 6th decade..and it's gonna stay that way.. and I'll maintain my skepticism about the organization, whether you disapprove or not..

Your opinion and point of view isn't Gospel Truth.. There's no way for you to know one way or another if the common attitude in the Sox organization is or isn't scorn and derision…

I never assumed that what Cooper thinks reflects the organization.. I'm suggesting its within the realm of possibility.. Has the organization ever issued a disclaimer when Cooper went off on one of his radio rants? Not that i recall.. Have they ever ordered a cease and desist on his disparaging the paying customer? apparently not, because ole Cooper continues to get his shots in.

We get it man but i think you're overlooking the "who cares" aspect of this fake news. It's a damn shame we're grown men and women talking about such a useless topic. Such an outright useless topic. Damn shame. It's like getting mad at your mom for getting pissed or having a mood swing. "Mom you have to answer for this. How dare you. No mother of mine isn't perfect. If the PC & PR police dorks were here I'd have them arrest you. Turn in your keys on the way out of your own house."

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
We get it man but i think you're overlooking the "who cares" aspect of this fake news. It's a damn shame we're grown men and women talking about such a useless topic. Such an outright useless topic. Damn shame. It's like getting mad at your mom for getting pissed or having a mood swing. "Mom you have to answer for this. How dare you. No mother of mine isn't perfect. If the PC & PR police dorks were here I'd have them arrest you. Turn in your keys on the way out of your own house."

Nicely done Jerksticks.

Does this mean you won't be joining that Facebook group? :P

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)

So basically if it doesn't interest you it's a bunch of crap and we should all shut it down.. Who appointed you all high and mighty in terms of what people should or should be interested in? What would you rather discuss? Lets go over the potential starting lineup for the 2016 opener.. for the millionth time… or lets discuss any other you deem appropriate.. God forbid someone discuss something that doesn't interest you..

I find at least it a topic of note, that a high ranking member of the Sox organization got busted (assuming this is 100% true) for expressing his rather disparaging opinion of Sox fans.. I'm curious about everything Sox and the Sox organization… is this the way the organization as a whole feels about their fans? Is Cooper basically the hothead that ends up not being able to contain the corporate restraint?

There's a lot more to this story than maybe you're aware off. He really went off on some people, some season ticket holders…

Bottom line.. I get it.. there's a certain faction that must desperately twist any negative attitude about the Sox as rants from a bunch of whiny babies and lunatics.. It works out great because it helps support their superior view of themselves as the more knowledgeable, calm, restrained, professional fan...

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)

i am not taking sides b/c i was not here. yeah i read the pages, but still i was not here at the moment.

the thing i keep spouting is everyone has an opinion. whether you agree with it or not. no one can force anyone to change their opinion but there is something called respect and respect other people opinion even if it is different than yours.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
People think they are way more important than they really are. Let me be the first to say it, no business owes you anything. The White Sox owe you nothing.

Then I would assume then that if you go to US Cellular and pay top dollar to see MLB, and the Sox decide to put their AAA team on the field, you would be totally cool with that because the Sox don't owe you anything..

no business owes you anything

You're kidding, right..?

I happen to be an independent business person and I damn well owe the people who pay for my service something. Timely delivery, professional quality product and service… Good Lord...

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
So basically if it doesn't interest you it's a bunch of crap and we should all shut it down.. Who appointed you all high and mighty in terms of what people should or should be interested in? What would you rather discuss? Lets go over the potential starting lineup for the 2016 opener.. for the millionth time… or lets discuss any other you deem appropriate.. God forbid someone discuss something that doesn't interest you..

I find at least it a topic of note, that a high ranking member of the Sox organization got busted (assuming this is 100% true) for expressing his rather disparaging opinion of Sox fans.. I'm curious about everything Sox and the Sox organization… is this the way the organization as a whole feels about their fans? Is Cooper basically the hothead that ends up not being able to contain the corporate restraint?

There's a lot more to this story than maybe you're aware off. He really went off on some people, some season ticket holders…

Bottom line.. I get it.. there's a certain faction that must desperately twist any negative attitude about the Sox as rants from a bunch of whiny babies and lunatics.. It works out great because it helps support their superior view of themselves as the more knowledgeable, calm, restrained, professional fan...

Omg my teenage daughter is less drama. We get it, you are offended that someone who may or may not have been Cooper dared to say we don't need you if you don't support us.

Shake your fist at the sky, Abraham!

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
i am not taking sides b/c i was not here. yeah i read the pages, but still i was not here at the moment.

the thing i keep spouting is everyone has an opinion. whether you agree with it or not. no one can force anyone to change their opinion but there is something called respect and respect other people opinion even if it is different than yours.

Nicely said, LDF.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
Nicely said, LDF.

believe you me, i never intended to be a voice of reason, i am not that kind of person.

but this is going in circles and that is even me who has cross eyes.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
Then I would assume then that if you go to US Cellular and pay top dollar to see MLB, and the Sox decide to put their AAA team on the field, you would be totally cool with that because the Sox don't owe you anything..

no business owes you anything

You're kidding, right..?

I happen to be an independent business person and I damn well owe the people who pay for my service something. Timely delivery, professional quality product and service… Good Lord...

How many games do you go to? Do you know what the Sox roster looks like before you buy tickets? if people don't like your business, the choose another. No one is stopping you from doing that. But if you think everything about a business is against you and you continue to patronize that business, quit complaining. That crap is on you.

And I would be willing to bet either you have never had a complaint, or had complaints and just gave every customer exactly what they wanted even if they couldn't have been more wrong. Have you ever had an argument with a customer? It is pretty apparent you tell the neighborhood kids to stay off your lawn. You're at least as cranky as Cooper. The funny thing about Cooper is one thing message board posters have loved about him was how he would treat radio guys like Rongey like s***.

Edited by Dick Allen