Don Cooper At It Again?...

Lip Man 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 07:07 PM)
What we have is a message board post, with the evidence apparently "deleted".

For what it's worth this was posted on another Sox site:

"Well, I can say I saw the conversation. It is on another White Sox fan group on Facebook. Not going to go into a ton of details, but PM me if you want a screen shot. Not a huge fan of the group, I got put in it, never asked to join, and it is mostly either fans who are so negative they make me seem like the Good Humor Man, or guys who really like the MEME app on their phone. I don't know if I buy it's Cooper or not, but the conversation itself happened."

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:34 PM)
For what it's worth this was posted on another Sox site:

"Well, I can say I saw the conversation. It is on another White Sox fan group on Facebook. Not going to go into a ton of details, but PM me if you want a screen shot. Not a huge fan of the group, I got put in it, never asked to join, and it is mostly either fans who are so negative they make me seem like the Good Humor Man, or guys who really like the MEME app on their phone. I don't know if I buy it's Cooper or not, but the conversation itself happened."

Mark

lol, I bet I even know what page that is. Knowing that, I have even less faith that it actually happened.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:21 AM)
Coops track record speaks for himself. He is that way with the players and it is why it works so well and he's fully entitled to his opinion of the fans. And from my conversations with Coop, I always appreciated the fact that he was a straight shooter. I also think he's very fan friendly (in the sense that he'll talk to fans a ton during spring training and throw balls to kids, etc).

I agree with your depiction. I just personally think loyalty to a team is the right thing and apparently so does Cooper. I think folks on Soxtalk know I tend to speak up for the Sox and the individual players. I can accept others have their own opinions though.

For what its worth I've seen the comments. Have them now on my computer. Don't know if it is the real Don Cooper or not but the poster who originated the story was pretty true to what was said and how.

That being said considering some of the other stuff Cooper has said like on the radio, it wasn't that bad. Once he realized he was 'talking' with a female Sox fan who claimed she and her husband went to a number of Sox games last year, he backed off a little and offered to be 'friends.'

Still as I said earlier, it's business 101, you don't rip your fan base at any time regardless if you think you are right or not. I mean it's not like the Sox are drawing three million a year and can afford to insult any fan or group of fans.

Just my opinion.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
For what its worth I've seen the comments. Have them now on my computer. Don't know if it is the real Don Cooper or not but the poster who originated the story was pretty true to what was said and how.

That being said considering some of the other stuff Cooper has said like on the radio, it wasn't that bad. Once he realized he was 'talking' with a female Sox fan who claimed she and her husband went to a number of Sox games last year, he backed off a little and offered to be 'friends.'

Still as I said earlier, it's business 101, you don't rip your fan base at any time regardless if you think you are right or not. I mean it's not like the Sox are drawing three million a year and can afford to insult any fan or group of fans.

Just my opinion.

Mark

Be honest lip, has Coop ever come across to you as the type that really gives a s***? Even if this was him, I would still shrug and care not, because he is a grouchy SOB and that isn't gonna change

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
See, now you're speaking my language! Just dropped a nice little bomb on the wife about an hour ago while she layed next to me in bed. I told her I was blowing her a kiss. Sigh, then the smell hit her....

:D

Haha my man! Nicely done indeed. I left a huge surprise in the bedroom for her to walk into the other day. Surprised myself even. Took like 5 straight snapchats of her grossed out and posted them for my buddies.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
In the end though, Cooper has just as much right to rip the fans as the fans do to rip the FO. As a fan, I am not in the least bit offended by Cooper's words. I see nothing wrong with people speaking their minds.

Would you pay an employee to insult your customers?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
I just can't imagine getting worked up about this.

It's not a question of getting worked up. The bigger issue is: is this an indication of how the organization as a whole views their fans, with Cooper being the only one with the juice to actually express it?

When Cooper has ripped the fans in the fast, has the organization ever come out to offer a disclaimer?

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:42 PM)
It's not a question of getting worked up. The bigger issue is: is this an indication of how the organization as a whole views their fans, with Cooper being the only one with the juice to actually express it?

When Cooper has ripped the fans in the fast, has the organization ever come out to offer a disclaimer?

That's the thing -- why would anyone assume that DON COOPER represents the thoughts of the front office? Don Cooper is the meatballiest dude I've ever seen. Of course he wouldn't be business savvy. Why do I care if he responds like a meatball? I wouldn't expect anything less. I just need him to work on pitching mechanics. The rest is whatever.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)

That's admitting something wrong was done. The only thing wrong is that we are wasting server space talking about one of the least interesting things this board has ever seen. EVER! Can we get back on topic plz, Black n I were talking wife traps...

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
It's from WSI. They literally get upset if the guy taking the money in the parking lot isn't smiling at them. I am totally serious.

wow, a blast from the past.....

i got into a huge fight one nite with davers..... he banned a poster for a comment he made. the poster came back with another name and there was an argument.

me, being stupid and ready for a fight / argument, i jumped in and it was like a 2 hour fight,

jason was there and i was threaten, since i post alot, that if i didn't stop i would be banned. well jason jump in and told many that nite of this site..... and that was the end of wsi for me.

several posters came over since then in the first months....

either way, this site is great and jason have done a great job.

i felt bad b/c of some bad suggestions i gave jason.

bulls talk and hawks talk, died.....

but i am really stoke on how far the minor league side took off..... this is due to the hard work those guys do there.

this was all done in 2002..... but the server went down and many posters lost their post count, if my fragile memory is correct.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)
That's where Lip got it.

The whiners here can't hold a candle to you guys.

Well, you don't know the whole background of how this thing got started, so basically... you don't know what you're talking about, so we'll leave it at that…

there's whining there but its no more or less than any other fan board… of course, in your fantasy world it sounds like your panacea is for everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya, despite three losing seasons…

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Well, you don't know the whole background of how this thing got started, so basically... you don't know what you're talking about, so we'll leave it at that…

there's whining there but its no more or less than any other fan board… of course, in your fantasy world it sounds like your panacea is for everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya, despite three losing seasons…

Yea, tons of Kumbaya and hand holding here at Soxtalk

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)

so every once in a while, posters need to let their hair down. nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
In the end though, Cooper has just as much right to rip the fans as the fans do to rip the FO. As a fan, I am not in the least bit offended by Cooper's words. I see nothing wrong with people speaking their minds.

Totally agree

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
Totally agree

You are a regular customer at a restaurant.. the ownership changes the menu, the decor.. the quality overall is not to your liking.. You and others decide to go elsewhere..suddenly the restaurant is empty most nights.. The owner or members of the staff go public and rip their former customers.. disparaging them, in some ways insulting them.. placing the onus of their failure to draw customers on the actual customer.. rather than flaws in their operation…

Apparently, you would probably agree with this scenario as well...