Rymer Liriano DFA'ed by Padres

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
Kyle Glaser ‏@KyleAGlaser 5m5 minutes ago

#Padres DFA'd OF Rymer Liriano to make room on roster for Ramirez. Liriano, once a top prospect, hit .292, 14 HR, 64 RBI in AAA last year

Worth a claim or trade? He had a really good year in AAA last year. Still only 24 years old.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
Kyle Glaser ‏@KyleAGlaser 5m5 minutes ago

#Padres DFA'd OF Rymer Liriano to make room on roster for Ramirez. Liriano, once a top prospect, hit .292, 14 HR, 64 RBI in AAA last year

Worth a claim or trade?

I'd rather have him than Jerry Sands or Scott Hairston patrolling the OF in Charlotte.

At worst he looks like a fourth outfielder with enough speed to play all three spots in a pinch. Apart from some hip slide and a little tendency to hook around the ball, I like his swing a lot. He can put the ball in the air even when he’s fooled a bit, and has the raw strength to still have potentially above-average to plus power.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/projecting-...-rymer-liriano/

Despite the high K-rate it sounds like there's still potential for serious upside in Liriano.

OF Rymer Liriano has been acquired from San Diego for minor-league LHP Trevor Seidenberger. OF Shane Peterson designated for assignment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brewers?ref_src=...7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Done deal for the Brewers. I forget who but someone speculated Liriano wouldn't make it through the NL waivers for the Sox to get a chance. Good call.