OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
Meh. I disagree.

Shuck is nothing but a 4th outfielder, Sanchez is essentially Semien 2.0 with better defense and a worse bat, and Danish struggled mightily in AA last year.

I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave to be honest.

If you were Oakland, would you take that package for Reddick?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
Meh. I disagree.

Shuck is nothing but a 4th outfielder, Sanchez is essentially Semien 2.0 with better defense and a worse bat, and Danish struggled mightily in AA last year.

I wouldn't be sad to see any of them leave to be honest.

Danish was also the youngest player in AA.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 12:23 AM)
Danish was also the youngest player in AA.

He's the trade chip they should use it he has value. Not a lot of projection for him to be a starter. He's my pick for this year's Hawkins where he goes from top ten to not ranked in the system

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 12:32 AM)
Wouldn't rule out Coughlin getting flipped again. Hope sox would be in on that.

The A's have no need for him. They have Davis and Reddick on the corners. It would make sense if they get back a better player than who they gave up. I do wonder if Cubs had to rush trade in order to sign Fowler today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 06:35 PM)
The A's have no need for him. They have Davis and Reddick on the corners. It would make sense if they get back a better player than who they gave up. I do wonder if Cubs had to rush trade in order to sign Fowler today.

Oh I think that was definitely the case. It randomly broke an hour or so before the Fowler news broke and it was a real head scratcher at the time. With Orioles breathing down Fowlers back it made sense to put the contract in ink while they could and not worry about Coughlin's return.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 01:38 AM)
Oh I think that was definitely the case. It randomly broke an hour or so before the Fowler news broke and it was a real head scratcher at the time. With Orioles breathing down Fowlers back it made sense to put the contract in ink while they could and not worry about Coughlin's return.

Cubs even said trade had to be done before they could get Fowler due to money and playing time.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Wouldn't rule out Coughlin getting flipped again. Hope sox would be in on that.

Why would the A's traded for him then. Would be stupid to trade for him and turn around to trade him. Maybe they trade him later but highly doubt the would now. If the Sox wanted Coughlin then why didn't the trade for him.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 12:40 AM)
Why would the A's traded for him then. Would be stupid to trade for him and turn around to trade him. Maybe they trade him later but highly doubt the would now. If the Sox wanted Coughlin then why didn't the trade for him.

Maybe the Cubs liked Brooks and targeted him in the deal? Maybe Cubs hate our pitching prospects?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 06:40 PM)

From the A's perspective? That's easy. Why not? Doesn't seem like they gave up anything of value. Basically got a quality mlb player for next to nothing. Even if it is a big position of strength for them, why not do that deal? Cubs perspective is more confusing, but as has been stated, timing probably forced them.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
Exactly. He puts down everyone in the deal and then expects someone else to want it lol

Oakland isn't going to compete this year and "should" be rebuilding, so they might see appeal in Sanchez and Danish just because of their youth and the fact that they're cost controlled for a long time.

I don't really know though, I'm just spitballing and thinking aloud.