OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
Things are finally heating up for Jackson. The Halos made an offer, Cleveland just lost their CF, Baltimore took a big one up the chili-hole from Fowler and the Sox are still looking for an outfielder.

Are they really, though? They've only had a handful of quality ones dancing in front of their nose for the past few months, there for the taking, and nuttin'!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
Are they really, though? They've only had a handful of quality ones dancing in front of their nose for the past few months, there for the taking, and nuttin'!

Based on Hahn's comments it sounds like it. Granted you can only take that with a grain of salt until something actually gets done.

Wonder why we didn't at least consider Span...three years for him must have been too much.

Then again, no pick attached. I guess we should have an outfield tracker with all their results at the beginning of the season.

Cespedes

Gordon

Upton

Fowler

Span

Jackson

Coghlan

Parra

Bruce

Ethier

Crawford

Puig

Reddick

Guyer

Rajai Davis

Saunders

Alex Rios

Victorino

Travis Snider

B. Gardner

Desmond Jennings

Ian Desmond

Trayce Thompson

Van Slyke

Guerrero

Hernandez

Marisnick

Carlos Gomez

Tucker

Carlos Gonzalez

Dickerson

Blackmon

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
Based on Hahn's comments it sounds like it. Granted you can only take that with a grain of salt until something actually gets done.

Yep. I don't think Hahn would publically say something if he didn't think he could add someone. We'll see what happens.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 26, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Wonder why we didn't at least consider Span...three years for him must have been too much.

Then again, no pick attached. I guess we should have an outfield tracker with all their results at the beginning of the season.

Cespedes

Gordon

Upton

Fowler

Span

Jackson

Coghlan

Parra

Bruce

Ethier

Crawford

Puig

Reddick

Guyer

Rajai Davis

Saunders

Alex Rios

Victorino

Travis Snider

B. Gardner

Desmond Jennings

Ian Desmond

Trayce Thompson

Van Slyke

Guerrero

Hernandez

Marisnick

Carlos Gomez

Tucker

Carlos Gonzalez

Dickerson

Blackmon

You could Heyward to the mix

I'm still into the idea of Jackson being the CF. Move Eaton to left, Melky to right and you for sure upgrade left and center defensively (right field would probably be a wash). Let Avi play a little RF in games where Melky could DH against lefties. Or if he struggles in the spring, let him work on his new swing/stance in the minors while getting another platoon bat for LaRoche (Raburn comes to mind). That's how I'd go about the next month.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm still into the idea of Jackson being the CF. Move Eaton to left, Melky to right and you for sure upgrade left and center defensively (right field would probably be a wash). Let Avi play a little RF games where Melky could DH against lefties. Or if struggles in the spring let him work on his new swing/stance in the minors while getting another platoon bat for LaRoche (Raburn comes to mind). That's how I'd go about the next month.

i really think that is how many posters sees it. but we don't run the team.

Go get Austin Jackson!

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 18m18 minutes ago Scottsdale, AZ

Neither Eaton nor White Sox are worried about him being ready for the start of the season. Told the worry level is very low--just cautious

Adam Eaton won't be in CF at the start of Cactus League play, as his throwing program continues. Could DH.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
Go get Austin Jackson!

Neither Eaton nor White Sox are worried about him being ready for the start of the season. Told the worry level is very low--just cautious

Adam Eaton won't be in CF at the start of Cactus League play, as his throwing program continues. Could DH.

Avi in center for ST I guess.................................or maybe LaRoche when Adam Eaton DH's.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
Go get Austin Jackson!

They more than likely have known this for a long period time. Throwing programs are very detailed and have set time periods for the entire duration. I'm not worried at all.

QUOTE (staxx @ Feb 27, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
They more than likely have known this for a long period time. Throwing programs are very detailed and have set time periods for the entire duration. I'm not worried at all.

Eaton even said he might DH some at start of the season. Hahn really needs someone that can play CF