2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
Titans got the 15th, 43rd, 45th, and 76th picks this year, and also the Rams 1st and 3rd rounder next year. That is a franchise changer

This is a massive haul for the Titans. Franchise changing package with their QB already in place.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Wow. Can't imagine this turns out well for the Rams long-term. That's a ton of picks to give up.

It all depends on if they can find a franchise QB with that 1st pick.

They were on the other end of this type of deal with Washington. Everyone talks about how well they made off in that trade, yet Washington made the playoffs once and St. Louis didn't. because RG3 was legit (for one season) and the Rams still don't have a QB.

The Rams were just like here take all our draft picks, we don't need to draft ever again.

That QB they draft better be good or that franchise is going to be bad forever.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
Probably true. If Wentz or Goff is a franchise guy though it's totally worth it.

Yep. It is such a QB driven league that if whichever one of those guys they draft turns out to be a stud nobody will care what they gave up for him because you will be a playoff contender for the next decade plus and will have time to build a team around them (especially since it isn't like the Rams talent level right now is barren, they have some legit studs).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
I totally forgot the Rams were in LA now. I wonder if that gave them more incentive to make a splashy move.

Well, if the NFL decides to have the draft in LA next year, Rams won't have any picks lol.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
I totally forgot the Rams were in LA now. I wonder if that gave them more incentive to make a splashy move.

Wentz is the hot name, but i wonder if they go for California home grown golden boy Jared Goff

So the Rams traded 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds for the 1st overall pick, a 4th and a 6th.

Tennesse got the dream package in a draft that I don't know anyone saw with a dynamite #1.

It helps in that there maybe 3 QBs taken ahead of bears. The pivot point the bears may be able to take advantage of now is the OT and interest among them if they fall.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
So the Rams traded 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds for the 1st overall pick, a 4th and a 6th.

Tennesse got the dream package in a draft that I don't know anyone saw with a dynamite #1.

It helps in that there maybe 3 QBs taken ahead of bears. The pivot point the bears may be able to take advantage of now is the OT and interest among them if they fall.

Yeah, I don't we are talking about Peyton Manning being the #1 pick here.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
Chargers gotta be excited, this probably gets them Tunsil.

QBs going back to back 1-2 really helps bears for this reason. What may have been a DL/LB pick now is an OL,

Will be interesting to see what SF does.