2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Bears open up in Houston

It seems like a pretty manageable schedule for any future playoff aspirations.

Pretty s***ty home schedule for the fans though. No day games in September, four home games after Thanksgiving, blech.

Packers have a weird schedule this year. On the road for a month, then home for a month. They then have 3 road games in a row. Odd.

I have to look over it again, but so far I don't see them losing a game.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
He has CDXX and a marijuana leaf tattooed on his hand. CDXX = 420. Subtle. Probably common knowledge, but I don't follow anything Manziel very closely.

I'm sad for the guy not being able to control himself, but he seems like a real dickhead.

No sympathy for him whatsoever. He had everything handed to him and was too immature to make the most of it, or anything of it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
It seems like a pretty manageable schedule for any future playoff aspirations.

Pretty s***ty home schedule for the fans though. No day games in September, four home games after Thanksgiving, blech.

If you're a Bears fan, why wouldn't you want 4 games to be at home after Thanksgiving? Who cares about the weather? I'd trade a great end to the year for the team (4-2, 5-1) if it meant 15 degrees every game. Also, I love watching them live and on TV in primetime, so I don't mind their lone September home game to be on MNF. I'm not sure why the NFL thought 2 of the top 13 worst teams being on MNF week 2 was a good idea but I won't complain

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 10:50 PM)
If you're a Bears fan, why wouldn't you want 4 games to be at home after Thanksgiving? Who cares about the weather? I'd trade a great end to the year for the team (4-2, 5-1) if it meant 15 degrees every game. Also, I love watching them live and on TV in primetime, so I don't mind their lone September home game to be on MNF. I'm not sure why the NFL thought 2 of the top 13 worst teams being on MNF week 2 was a good idea but I won't complain

Like I said, it looks like a good schedule to help them make the playoffs.

But as a season ticket holder, I don't want to spend half the season in below 30 degree weather. I want to have at least one game in the 60 degree sun in September. Winning is more important, but for fans attending games, it's not an ideal schedule by any means.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 07:31 AM)
SI mock draft (done before the TEN-LA trade) has the Bears taking Ronnie Stanley in the 1st and Derrick Henry in the 2nd.

I'd be fully on board with that. I think the Rams will move up to grab Stanley though and if they don't, only way Stanley gets to Bears is if Giants grade Conklin out better as Giants are for sure going oline.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
I'm torn by thinking that Elliot is both very good, but also knowing that the Rams added maybe the best RB in the league last year and their offense ended up basically the same (bad).

They don't have a QB though. Rams probably make the playoffs with Cutler.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
I'd be fully on board with that. I think the Rams will move up to grab Stanley though and if they don't, only way Stanley gets to Bears is if Giants grade Conklin out better as Giants are for sure going oline.

Rumors that Giants may take Leonard Floyd at 10. I don't think anything is a lock this year.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
They don't have a QB though. Rams probably make the playoffs with Cutler.

Right but how many offensive positions add so little marginal value when you add the best player there?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
The other side of that is Adrian Peterson.

Do people consider Elliott to be possibly on Petersons level?

I really dont know, I barely watch college football outside of highlights.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
The other side of that is Adrian Peterson.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Do people consider Elliott to be possibly on Petersons level?

I really dont know, I barely watch college football outside of highlights.

Fournette is better than Elliot, IMO.

He's just not eligible yet.