2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't be against Elliot pick, per se, but if we pass on him I'll be fine with it. I'm not sure we'll need to though. I think if we can trade down and get a 3rd and get someone like Mackenzie Alexander that would be ideal to me.

Yeah, while many colleges use RBs that are undersized and shifty, Alabama has put huge rbs in their backfield, and along with a bigger than normal offensive line, the results seem to be due to overpowering vs incredible vision/elusiveness. You lose that when you go Pro. Not sure if I'd care for him.

Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 1h1 hour ago

NFL source calls Myles Jack "a time bomb" whose knee could give him several good years, or not. Bone and cartilage starting to break away.

There has been word this week that Jack could fall big time next week.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Do people consider Elliott to be possibly on Petersons level?

I really dont know, I barely watch college football outside of highlights.

That is more to answer the idea that a running back has no effect on an offense, not a valuation of Ellliot.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
Les Bowen ‏@LesBowen 1h1 hour ago

NFL source calls Myles Jack "a time bomb" whose knee could give him several good years, or not. Bone and cartilage starting to break away.

There has been word this week that Jack could fall big time next week.

That is a shame, when healthy he is a monster talent

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
That is more to answer the idea that a running back has no effect on an offense, not a valuation of Ellliot.

There's about 3 rb's in the NFL that make that kind of difference in today's NFL. No idea why anyone would draft a rb that high now a days.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)

Even looking at vikes numbers, aside from the Favre magic year, the best they've done in total ypg is 13th, and had several years in the bottom 1/3rd, including last year where they were 29th.

I struggle to figure out what the value is there. Seems to be the vikes success is based off of their defensive strength.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
Not in the first round I wouldn't. Too many good OL, DL and LB available to spend the 1st pick on a RB.

There really aren't though. Probably won't be a sure fire LT on the board. There really aren't DL that offer great value at 11 outside of Buckner for Bears scheme. If Elliott is on the board, he's most likely the best player on the board.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Henry interests me as a second round option, but Alabama running backs' NFL results have made me gun shy about wanting the Bears to draft one of them.

Eh, Mark Ingram has turned into a really good NFL running back. Eddie Lacy has been really good when not fat and out of shape (which I don't think you'd have to worry about at all with Henry since that is a different body type). TJ Yeldon had a solid rookie year. Richardson was a colossal bust but if the Bears take Henry in the 2nd I wouldn't be that concerned based on prior Bama running backs.

If Elliott winds up being a HOF-type guy, anyone thinking picking him in the first round isn't such a good idea, will change their mind. If he's just solid, it's pretty much a waste.

I just don't see not offering Forte a contract, and then drafting Elliott as making much sense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
If Elliott winds up being a HOF-type guy, anyone thinking picking him in the first round isn't such a good idea, will change their mind. If he's just solid, it's pretty much a waste.

I just don't see not offering Forte a contract, and then drafting Elliott as making much sense.

You think?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 01:54 PM)

#YouthMovement.

I think the sole reason Forte is gone is because of his age. They supposedly offered 25 year old CJ Anderson a big contract.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Henry interests me as a second round option, but Alabama running backs' NFL results have made me gun shy about wanting the Bears to draft one of them.

Yeldon had a fantastic year. They just never gave him the ball near the goal line

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
@AdamSchefter

After medical rechecks, Notre Dame's Jaylon Smith is not expected to play in 2016 and teams are unsure when he will play again, per sources.

That's a real shame. He was quite a talent.

QUOTE (staxx @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
Yeldon had a fantastic year. They just never gave him the ball near the goal line

Kenyon Drake still has tread on the tires tho. He should be a pretty good short-yardage/goal-line back.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 06:14 AM)
Bears are going to pick best player available regardless of positon for first time in a long time.

you mean for the first time since last season, when they picked Kevin White

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 03:06 AM)
Kenyon Drake still has tread on the tires tho. He should be a pretty good short-yardage/goal-line back.

Not quite sure I see that. He's skinny and weak (10 reps at 225). I figured he'd be more of a third down back that's used in the passing game with some big play ability.