2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Games 1,2 and 4 yes I agree..............Game 3 should be way better than this with starters going 3 quarters

Nobody in this thread has said the Bears will do much this year, I don't know why you guys are acting like you expect playoffs and this preseason game is dashing your hopes.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
Nobody in this thread has said the Bears will do much this year, I don't know why you guys are acting like you expect playoffs and this preseason game is dashing your hopes.

That's true but I expect them to score once in 7 quarters in 2 home pre season games.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Games 1, 2 and 4 yes I agree..............Game 3 should be way better than this with starters going 3 quarters.

Not when the coaching staff doesn't take the game seriously. They obviously haven't. Trevathan basically said so in post game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
It seems that trading all of our pro bowl offensive talent and replacing them with fourth round picks and UDFAs wasn't was foolproof as I had imagined in May .

6-7 wins this year imo. Still rebuilding.

http://m.chicagobears.com/news/article-ros...1d-9c18b8c157ba

The Bears on Sunday reduced their roster to 80 by waiving nine players and terminating the contract of veteran fullback Darrel Young

The players waived were running back Senorise Perry; receivers Kieren Duncan, Derek Keaton and Darrin Peterson; tight end Gannon Sinclair; offensive linemen John Kling and Martin Wallace; defensive lineman Keith Browner and defensive back Joel Ross.

Obviously things dont look very bright for the Bears this year so far however I do put a lot of stock in their capability to coach a team up. They will be better than last year and they will get better as they go along. Unless every damn starter gets injured which also seems like a real possibility.

I usually avoid even watching all preseason games, but we took my 3-year old to the game Saturday, so I can't un-watch what I saw from the offense in the 1st half, so bad.

But it is just preseason, and given the veteran coaching staff, I still think they will be at competitive in most games, just like last year. Only chance for the playoffs is to win every single close game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
pretty sure we're looking at a rebuilding year

I think we are a 7 win team +/2 wins, with us being more likley a 9 win team then say a 5 win team (unless Cutler gets hurt, in which case, I think we are a 2-4 win team). I fully expect we are taking a QB next year (whether it is signing Jimmy or drafting someone early).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)

I'm like you. This season will have its up's and down's and I expect the team to be competitive, but I still think we have a huge void of talent vs. other competitive teams and still need to identify our longer term solution at QB (yes, I still think we should have drafted Paxton Lynch).

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 06:05 AM)
Obviously things dont look very bright for the Bears this year so far however I do put a lot of stock in their capability to coach a team up. They will be better than last year and they will get better as they go along. Unless every damn starter gets injured which also seems like a real possibility.

The problem is, long term sustained success is pinned on a QB and I have no idea who that QB will be going forward (Cutler is getting up there).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
Chargers announce the signing of Joey Bosa. Bummer, I was hoping for the drama of a season long holdout.

I am shocked. The two sides cant possibly have anything other than hateful feeling towards one another. I guess it wouldnt be the first time in professional sports that happened.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
I am shocked. The two sides cant possibly have anything other than hateful feeling towards one another. I guess it wouldnt be the first time in professional sports that happened.

Chargers caved. Probably after they watched their defense yesterday. Woof.