2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
41tds to 17 interceptions. 579 attempts. Winston in his final season had 25 TD's to 18 interceptions (467 attempts).

To be fair, Winston did run a pro style offense though (and didn't have the same talent around him). But the comparison is fair.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Myles Garrett gets to the bears, Myles Garrett goes to the bears.

After signing McPhee one year and drafting Floyd the next this would be a bit of a let down. I get why they would do it, but with the massive investment the Bears have made at the position to see them burn #3 overall on it would be more than worrying.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)
After signing McPhee one year and drafting Floyd the next this would be a bit of a let down. I get why they would do it, but with the massive investment the Bears have made at the position to see them burn #3 overall on it would be more than worrying.

McPhee is gonna be a snap count rotational player for the rest of his career because of his knees. If Garrett gets there, you take him and don't think twice. Especially don't think about McPhee

And next year will be McPhees third year as a bear

I seriously doubt there will be the run on the QBs that you folks are describing. People are excited over them after watching them just now, but once the combine hits the talk will be back to all the other guys and their 40 times. If Garret somehow drops, you either take him yourself or laugh as you trade the 3rd pick for the value of a #1 pick because a #1 pick player dropped.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:35 AM)

You can never have enough pass rushers.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
McPhee is gonna be a snap count rotational player for the rest of his career because of his knees. If Garrett gets there, you take him and don't think twice. Especially don't think about McPhee

And next year will be McPhees third year as a bear

This. If Garrett is there, the Bears draft Garrett. Period.

I don't need the Bears to draft a QB at #3. I do need them to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds who they like. They have some draft capital they can use to move up and get their guy later in the draft.

I will be furious if the Bears leave this draft punting on the QB position again.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:44 AM)
This. If Garrett is there, the Bears draft Garrett. Period.

I don't need the Bears to draft a QB at #3. I do need them to draft a QB in the first 3 rounds who they like. They have some draft capital they can use to move up and get their guy later in the draft.

I will be furious if the Bears leave this draft punting on the QB position again.

I don't think they will. They'll get one where they feel the value is right.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
I don't think they will. They'll get one where they feel the value is right.

Agreed. Also, next year looks much better for QBs, especially if the Bears suck again. I think guys like Darnold and Rosen would go #1 this year if they could leave early. Also Lamar Jackson

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:49 AM)
Agreed. Also, next year looks much better for QBs, especially if the Bears suck again. I think guys like Darnold and Rosen would go #1 this year if they could leave early. Also Lamar Jackson

Unfortunately, if the Bears are that bad again, the whole organization is going to be cleaned out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)

Not to mention Trevathan might never be the same again after his injury. Garrett should be a no brainer.

Also the concerns about Winston was that he was not that accurate and turned the ball over. Those things haven't gone away in the NFL. In 32 games he has turned the ball over 41 times and is completing 59% of his passes. He has shown potential, but until then he is Jay Cutler.

Watson has similar concerns.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 08:26 AM)
Damn, are we seriously going to see a draft where the top three guys drafted are QB's in a year that people are saying its a weak draft for QB's top to bottom? That sounds disastrous.

Everyone underrates QB's leading up to the draft and then switches to probably overrate them a bit when the draft happens. Last year was an espically weak class and the 1-2 picks were QB's. I can't imagine anything other then that going down this year, and it might actually be three.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
Everyone underrates QB's leading up to the draft and then switches to probably overrate them a bit when the draft happens. Last year was an espically weak class and the 1-2 picks were QB's. I can't imagine anything other then that going down this year, and it might actually be three.

I don't know if they will go 1-3, but there will probably be 3 qb's in the first 15 picks or so. Four, if Josh Allen declares.

Watching 5 minutes of Pat Mahomes on Youtube will sell you on him as worthy of #3 overall. Elusiveness, quick release, rocket arm and he's got the little things like keeping his eyes downfield and manipulating defenders with body language down too. They say that Texas Tech system makes guys look good, but they also said that about Aaron Rodgers with Tedford.

Now obviously you dont draft Mahomes #3 overall put if there ever was a guy to sneak in and take a little early while everyone else claws over each other for Watson, Trubisky, Kizer and this new kid (hype rocket, standby) Allen he feels like the one.

Edited by Con te Giolito

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:13 PM)
The Bears might as well trade down and try to get two picks.

There are so many quality QBs in this draft that one is bound to fall into the teens.

No cream of the crop, but a bunch of second through sixth round projects.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 11:20 AM)
Not to mention Trevathan might never be the same again after his injury. Garrett should be a no brainer.

Always take the best players available regardless of position or need.

In football injuries are frequent and careers are short.

Joe Gibbs said it best "give me 6 allpros, fill in the rest and I'll win." Something to that effect anyway.