2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 09:30 AM)
If there was a really good qb at 3 i'd be happy to draft them, but just prioritizing "getting a QB" is not worth it.

edit: for example - getting Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler had way more going for him when he was acquired than Garrapolo does today. It didn't work out, but it was well worth the risk.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 12:46 PM)
If he's in the game, of the draft picks and available QBs, Romo is probably the best bet to get the offense humming next year, but also the worst bet to be able to answer the bell a reasonable amount of times.

Especially if he can't stay healthy behind that offensive line.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
Well, Tyrod Taylor might not be available because Haha oh you Buffalo Bills

(he will be available, but the Bills might have to pay him a lot of money to go away)

That writer is an idiot.His comments about NFL players not being able to pass a non-NFL physical shows a complete lack of knowledge of the medical situations. Most of the wording if he got it correct stated the physical by the team physician for injuries during the season. The Bills say they didn't know about the injury and he did everything outside of the Bills medical team. If a player does, it always a big lawsuit, especially in football with non-guaranteed contracts. This ought to be a big lawsuit.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
I agree with this. I'm in the minority on this board but I'd absolutely take DeShone Kizer at 3. His Texas game was better than any QB in this class. He has obvious flaws but he has a big time arm, ran pro style stuff, makes ridiculous throws, stands in the pocket, can move around, and is said to be incredibly intelligent and will impress in workouts and on the whiteboard. His games against Texas and Virginia this year were great. I watched his game against Clemson from 2015 and there were a ton of dropped balls. He would be my guy.

I agree with the bolded...I remember that game as well and he led a second half charge that was pretty unreal IIRC.

I'd draft best available at 3 and the take a quick in the second or third round.

The best rookie qb this year was a compensatory fourth, so anything is possible. A second round pick would certainly be interesting.

I wonder what Jimmy G gets from a suitor.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
So the argument is that Brady's larger sample size has led to a lower postseason passer rating? Rodgers has nearly a full season's worth of playoff games under his belt so it's not exactly neglible. Rodgers faces the number 2 passing defense (by opponent passer rating) this weekend so it's certainly an opportunity to make a statement. If he puts up a passer rating > 100 but they still lose because of their porous pass defense, is it Rodgers' fault?

If they get past NYG, I see Rodgers putting up big numbers in Dallas and single handedly keeping them competitive in that game vs a superior opponent.

Peaking at the right time. Absolutely ripped that top rated passing defense to shreds the last 2.5 quarters. Hopefully Jordy is available next Sunday. Should be a great game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)
If he's going to throw out passer ratings, the number of playoffs games played definitely has something to do with it.

Just updated. Rodgers' career postseason passer rating now stands at 100.3. Maybe with a few more playoff games he will surpass his career regular season passer rating of 104.1, which is the current record by a wide margin. All time record for career postseason passer rating is 104.8 held by ex-Packer Bart Starr. Aside from Starr, only Warner and Brees are ahead of Rodgers for career postseason passer rating.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/lead...er_playoffs.htm

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
I have no idea how the Packers are going to stop the Dallas offense. Rodgers may have to throw 4 touchdowns again.

The Packers have to stop Zeke early and make Dak beat that GB defense with his arm and hope Cole Beasley and Jason Witten have bad games.

Last time GB and Dallas met, Dallas ran and hid. I think it will be closer because Aaron Rodgers is being Aaron Rodgers again, but I still give the edge to Dallas. Barely.

Random question. Does anyone who uses Verizon's NFL Mobile app have any idea how to read the various symbols/numbers displayed when following a particular live game? I figured it was some sort of drive chart or something but it makes no sense and isn't intuitive to me. Couldn't find anything with a google search.