2016-2017 NFL Thread

Dallas might be the only team that can stop Rodgers by keeping him off the field.

Lately they have gotten carried away with Prescott and not using Zeke. Who knows if that was being done to preserve Zeke for the playoffs or whether their philosophy is shifting, but its been a noticeable trend of theirs.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
Lately they have gotten carried away with Prescott and not using Zeke. Who knows if that was being done to preserve Zeke for the playoffs or whether their philosophy is shifting, but its been a noticeable trend of theirs.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. Prescott has been pretty strong as of late, but they're going to need Zeke to run like crazy to protect that defense. The Cowboys are very talented, but they clearly have an achilles heal in their often anemic pass rush.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:57 AM)
He's drawing comparisons to Dak Prescott. That scares me, because I'm not convinced if the Browns took Prescott he'd be anything.

The thing about Dak is you can say he may have been hamstrung in college by his offense/team. You cant really say that about Watson. He was pretty much put into the perfect system.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 08:22 AM)
The thing about Dak is you can say he may have been hamstrung in college by his offense/team. You cant really say that about Watson. He was pretty much put into the perfect system.

Right, and one thing's for sure: Unless Watson gets drafted late in the first round, it's unlikely he gets thrown into as good of a situation as he had in college. Every team picked 4 times before Prescott was taken. Watson is unlikely to be passed on once by each team.

I still think there is a chance that Kizer, Watson, Trubinsky go 1-3 (in no particular order). Watson looked like an NFL QB last night. He has issues with his accuracy at times, but he showed that he has the arm to make all the throws (and made quite a few NFL type throws) and also obviously has the athleticism to make plays with his feet as well. He also showed pretty good adversity given how he battled back from the tough start. Guys don't get picked based upon one game, but putting up over 800 yards in two national championship games against one of the elite college defenses can only help his resume.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
Watson is almost surely going to be over drafted. Not sure I would take him in the first round. Not sure he is accurate enough to be an NFL QB.

I would take him mid second.

If he didn't play in either national championship game, he'd be a third or fourth.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:26 AM)
I would take him mid second.

If he didn't play in either national championship game, he'd be a third or fourth.

I think he probably was going to go in the 1st anyway (too many teams have QB needs and his resume is pretty good and the tools are all there, albeit, I agree there are concerns about his accuracy...but outside of that he clearly has the NFL arm and plus athleticism). He also has shined on the biggest stages. If he slid through the 1st, I don't see him getting much past the early 2nd round (where any team like the Bears / Niners / Browns...who passed initially on a QB would clearly be going QB at this point).

Outside of him getting hurt or doing something dumb off the field, there is no way he is a 3rd or 4th round pick (whether he played in the championship game or not...that is just ridiculous).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)
I think he probably was going to go in the 1st anyway (too many teams have QB needs and his resume is pretty good and the tools are all there, albeit, I agree there are concerns about his accuracy...but outside of that he clearly has the NFL arm and plus athleticism). He also has shined on the biggest stages. If he slid through the 1st, I don't see him getting much past the early 2nd round (where any team like the Bears / Niners / Browns...who passed initially on a QB would clearly be going QB at this point).

Outside of him getting hurt or doing something dumb off the field, there is no way he is a 3rd or 4th round pick (whether he played in the championship game or not...that is just ridiculous).

Of course, because there are stupid teams that won't be able to pass him up. I'm not ready to take a chance on him with 3 overall.

I dont watch much of any college football because I think it sucks even worse than the NFL product but I do think that accuracy is underrated when teams are drafting the QB position based off of a guy being gifted athletically. From what I understand Watson threw a ton of INT's this past year. We all know what an inaccurate toolsy guy looks like as Bear fans. Not quite what I am looking for. You have to show me both to get drafted in the first or second rounds.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:40 AM)

I'd be shocked if he made it past the top 10.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:07 AM)
If the Browns, 49ers and Bears are all not interested someone will trade up for him. I think he's a lock for top 3 as long as he does reasonably well in shorts this offseason.

I'm not even sure he needs to show anything in shorts at this point.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 10:26 AM)
Damn, are we seriously going to see a draft where the top three guys drafted are QB's in a year that people are saying its a weak draft for QB's top to bottom? That sounds disastrous.

I'd fire Pace on sight if he drafted the third qb after 1 and 2 were qbs. There are too many studs at other positions in this draft that could change the Bears forever.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:56 AM)
I dont watch much of any college football because I think it sucks even worse than the NFL product but I do think that accuracy is underrated when teams are drafting the QB position based off of a guy being gifted athletically. From what I understand Watson threw a ton of INT's this past year. We all know what an inaccurate toolsy guy looks like as Bear fans. Not quite what I am looking for. You have to show me both to get drafted in the first or second rounds.

41tds to 17 interceptions. 579 attempts. Winston in his final season had 25 TD's to 18 interceptions (467 attempts).