2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
JWebb Nation staying alive. Signed a 2 year deal worth 6.5M.

Years ago I was one of his lone "Supporters" while everyone said he wasn't an NFL player.

Where are you now in his support?

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 07:05 AM)
Where are you now in his support?

Haven't been following him. When pro football focus came out with an article saying the move from Webb to Bushrod was a lateral move, I took A TON of heat for agreeing with it. I even went as far as watching the tape of both of them vs the 9ers and logging every play to try and make a point.....this mostly being on another board, things got so heated I eventually left the message board for a bit........Like I said, I haven't follewd him, but it does give me a smirk seeing he's still around making money in the nfl.

They also get one of the Bears 6th rounders. Get back a 4th rounder.

For a guy who was a lock to be gone in a year anyway, I'll take it.

Rock, what are your thoughts on Vannett? Not very productive, but is that just a product of OSU system or is he just not all that great? He looked solid at the combine.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 07:50 PM)
I generally can't complain about what pace has done, but could the Bears have sold lower on Bennett and Marshall?

Hard to sell high on Bennett, last year of his deal, he has been somewhat of a malcontent since before last season and everyone knew he wanted out and the Bears wanted him gone

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
That's a scary TE combo in NE

In 49 games with the Bears, Bennett averaged 5 catches and 49 ypg. He also had a TD about once every 3 games. I'm not sure when and where Martellus Bennett turned into this top 10 TE everyone makes him out to be. Add in the fact that he's obviously a f***ing good, I'm shocked they were even able to get what they did for him

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
Bears also signed long snapper Aaron "39 overall in Madden" (not a joke) Brewer

Last year (IIRC) Brewer got a long extension from Denver but became a cap casualty this year. I don't think he's a 39 overall in real life

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
In 49 games with the Bears, Bennett averaged 5 catches and 49 ypg. He also had a TD about once every 3 games. I'm not sure when and where Martellus Bennett turned into this top 10 TE everyone makes him out to be. Add in the fact that he's obviously a f***ing good, I'm shocked they were even able to get what they did for him

He wasn't very good last year, but he was top 10 in both receptions and yards in his first 2 years. 2014 he had the most receptions among TEs. He's also a somewhat rare all around TE as far as receiving and blocking goes.

I am fine with what they got though.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
Bears also signed long snapper Aaron "39 overall in Madden" (not a joke) Brewer

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 7h7 hours ago

Don't think for a minute the Bears signing a new snapper wasn't all about Gould's misses last year. That's ALL it was about

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 10:21 PM)
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 7h7 hours ago

Don't think for a minute the Bears signing a new snapper wasn't all about Gould's misses last year. That's ALL it was about

Wish they replaced the kicker instead

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:15 AM)
Wish they replaced the kicker instead

He still can be. I think his leash will be a lot shorter next season. This past season was rebuilding

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)

He was injured though. He was great the year before, and he both blocks well and is a good receiver.

I obviously cannot understand what the practice/locker room is like, but would have rather they just made it work.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
@adamschefter Ravens' CB Tray Walker is in critical condition after being involved in a serious motorbike accident in Southeast Florida.

Apparently the bike had no lights and he was wearing dark clothing...at night...and he happens to be african american.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
Apparently the bike had no lights and he was wearing dark clothing...at night...and he happens to be african american.

Seems like a bunch of bad ideas all at once