2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
Hey, I didn't say I was super excited about the deal.

He will help them stretch the field a little, but he is so hit or miss with his play.

Just giving you s*** :P

Sam Acho back with the Bears on a 1 year deal.

There's a lot of people talking about the Bears drafting an OLB high, but I just don't see it. Perhaps a late developmental guy, but I doubt we see one in the first 3 or 4 rounds.

If you go back and look at the Ravens OLBs when Fangio was linebacker coach there wasn't much speed there. Think he might like guys who will run through you vs guys who will run around you at the position. IMO anyway.

Speaking of Fangio type guys, it will be interesting to see if they pass on Hargreaves if he's there. A lot of people bring up the whole Fangio likes big corners thing, but despite being 5'10" Hargreaves plays like a big corner with his physicality.

Edited by scs787

Bears had a very underrated offseason. I know most of y'all are Bears fans. I liked it. Good job by the front office and we'll see how they draft. Question: Will Jeffrey get a long term deal by the deadline?

I'm very happy with my Chiefs offseason. Sucks to lose Sean Smith but we have some options at corner and now my man crush Marcus Peters can step into the number one spot. We added perhaps the best RT in the game in Mitchell Schwartz. Can't believe how stupid the Browns are. LOL

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Bears had a very underrated offseason. I know most of y'all are Bears fans. I liked it. Good job by the front office and we'll see how they draft. Question: Will Jeffrey get a long term deal by the deadline?

I'm very happy with my Chiefs offseason. Sucks to lose Sean Smith but we have some options at corner and now my man crush Marcus Peters can step into the number one spot. We added perhaps the best RT in the game in Mitchell Schwartz. Can't believe how stupid the Browns are. LOL

You guys gonna miss Abdullah? Good for him choosing health over career

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)

Well miss him but good for him. I'm happy for him. He did miss almost half the season due to a concussion. Well manage because we did during our 11 game win streak. Our GM was a scout and helped GB in the draft and their secondary. He's done that with KC since he's gotten here.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)

Definitely. He could step up and play the slot or help out as an extra safety. Was good in coverage and could get pressure on the QB. He's not a game changer, but he's a very solid, versatile player who could help any team. Especially hurts the depth with Tyvon Branch and Sean Smith also leaving. KC now needs to sign at least one safety and draft some sort of DB early. No ill feelings towards him, but it's kind of frustrating that he never said anything about thinking of retirement to the Chiefs staff until he actually retired. That could have perhaps led KC to pursue keeping Branch a little more seriously if they knew that's what he was contemplating.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
@pff

Newly-signed Bears offensive lineman Manny Ramirez finished last season as PFF's 4th-highest-graded guard. (Played his final 2 games at C.)

The new regime seems to be making moves that seem TOO smart at times.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 30s30 seconds ago

Teams have been informed that they're out of the race to sign C/G Ted Larsen, so expect him to sign with the #Bears.

Biggs tweeted that they have signed him.

Biggs also hinting at a trade involving an OL.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Biggs tweeted that they have signed him.

Biggs also hinting at a trade involving an OL.

Has to be Slauson or Leno, if it is Leno then you have to think they are looking at LT

I guess Grasu could be on the block

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Has to be Slauson or Leno

I'm guessing Leno. Slauson is a beast and extremely cheap for the level he produces at.

Chiefs are trying to trade RB Knile Davis. Leno for Davis? Nile Davis is a great kick returner, fast as could be, and would be a good change of pace back with Langford and Carey.

No rumor of this, just throwing it out there.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I'm guessing Leno. Slauson is a beast and extremely cheap for the level he produces at.

Chiefs are trying to trade RB Knile Davis. Leno for Davis? Nile Davis is a great kick returner, fast as could be, and would be a good change of pace back with Langford and Carey.

No rumor of this, just throwing it out there.

I think the Bears are good at RB right now, I think they might try and swing for a draft pick if they deal Leno

Bears have added some serious depth on the interior OL, and heck, we could still add another OT in the draft. I imagine Long moving to LT is a real possibility. Let them all battle it out in training camp and may the best 5 win. This is a nice problem to have after the last decade of OL issues.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Bears have added some serious depth on the interior OL, and heck, we could still add another OT in the draft. I imagine Long moving to LT is a real possibility. Let them all battle it out in training camp and may the best 5 win. This is a nice problem to have after the last decade of OL issues.

I'm convinced the Bears are going to take OT Ronnie Staley.

Also, I mentioned Knile Davis, Raiders also looking to trade Mychal Rivera. Leno for Rivera? We know Pace has been going hard at TE's this off season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
I think the Bears are good at RB right now, I think they might try and swing for a draft pick if they deal Leno

They don't really agree though. I think they definitely want to add to the position given what they offered CJ Anderson