2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So yesterday Willie Young mentioned that McPhee was working his but off to come back from something that would have been career ending not too long ago.

If I were to bet, I'd bet we don't see McPhee this year and possibly ever more than "he'll play 12 games"

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
So yesterday Willie Young mentioned that McPhee was working his but off to come back from something that would have been career ending not too long ago.

If I were to bet, I'd bet we don't see McPhee this year and possibly ever more than "he'll play 12 games"

McPhee was not an every down player for sure. The Bears made a miscalculation on that. The Ravens pretty much told us so but the Bears thought they could push it and look where it got him. To be fair, even if he was just used on a limited basis I would still suspect him to have injury issues.

You know, if the bears want to obscure public medical info, it's their right to push the limits of what they need to disclose. But I do worry that they start to believe it themselves. To play McPhee at the end of last year and give him a "knee scope" that takes him out 8 months now, after last year with White's sudden shut down, doesn't seem like their medical staff is making the correct calculations for players health.

sounds like must have dislocated the knee with the accompanying tearing of the acl and collateral(s). I'm sure they were worried he had injury to the popliteal artery, which is what prompted the ambulance and visit to the trauma center. Hopefully for him he didn't injure the tib nerve. Though those are usually high impact injuries, not "non-contact" so who knows.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
One Viking player said his leg snapped and his knee was flailing around....players were throwing up on the field.

I've seen a dislocated knee in person before...it's f***ing disgusting.