2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outside of the Broncos trying to kill Cam Newton on the field, it was a really good game.

I liked that the Broncos were constantly trying to hit Cam in the head and there was no warning of ejection of anything, but the guy doing a little post touchdown dance got flagged and they told him if he danced again he would be tossed.

I realize I am probably in the minority on this but I love those hits. I understand it is totally illegal and why they have made the rule but I still love the violence of it. I dont love to see the guys get injured on the play but the best part is when the guy hit gets back up to play another down and makes a play. I know I cant have my cake and eat it too however.

LOL didn't realize Goff was inactive. So, he needs more reps, he is your future, and you make him 3rd string and inactive.

That org is so crazy. Watching hard knocks you forget about all of the washed up coaches they employ.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
Outside of the Broncos trying to kill Cam Newton on the field, it was a really good game.

I liked that the Broncos were constantly trying to hit Cam in the head and there was no warning of ejection of anything, but the guy doing a little post touchdown dance got flagged and they told him if he danced again he would be tossed.

It was. a much better game than the actual Super Bowl.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
LOL didn't realize Goff was inactive. So, he needs more reps, he is your future, and you make him 3rd string and inactive.

That org is so crazy. Watching hard knocks you forget about all of the washed up coaches they employ.

In the grand scheme of things, whether Goff is good or not, it has nothing to do with the preseason. The Rams want to win and think they can and as a result, they believe the current #1 / #2 are better then the future and they are right. Goff was super raw and he has proven nothing but that right now. I think the Rams were crazy to move up, but they don't want to give up their season just handing things to Goff when he isn't ready. That isn't necessarily a bad idea. I know we are all used to top picks starting right away, but if they don't think he's ready, and they feel the rest of their team is playoff caliber (and to be frank, outside of their weak receiving corps, it is) and they can get there with Keenum (while still developing Goff longer term), than that isn't so awful.

Awful is whether they drafted the right guy in the first place. Not the fact that he is inactive behind two guys they think are better served right now (while they try and win).

I know know, Chisox.

Keenum has now played 16 games in the NFL.

He's completed 56.7% of his passes for 3000 yards, 15tds, 9 interceptions and 8 fumbles.

He is clearly better than, say, Jimmy Claussen, but that is replacement level production, not far different from Blaine Gabbert last year or Josh McCown.

Goff may be worse now, but probably not THAT much worse, and to spend that much to get him, you ahve to believe he'll be better soon. But instead you are basically ensring he gets no real or practice reps, putting him at 3rd string. That's just poor

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I know know, Chisox.

Keenum has now played 16 games in the NFL.

He's completed 56.7% of his passes for 3000 yards, 15tds, 9 interceptions and 8 fumbles.

He is clearly better than, say, Jimmy Claussen, but that is replacement level production, not far different from Blaine Gabbert last year or Josh McCown.

Goff may be worse now, but probably not THAT much worse, and to spend that much to get him, you ahve to believe he'll be better soon. But instead you are basically ensring he gets no real or practice reps, putting him at 3rd string. That's just poor

Just because he is inactive, doesn't mean he isn't getting a lot more reps then your typical 3rd string QB. And when you are a borderline playoff team with serviceable QB play, the drop-off between that and where Goff is today (he just isn't ready...if they thought it was minimal, clearly Goff would be starting) is pretty significant. If they were in full blown development mode, I think the answer would be different, but they believe they have enough talent at other positions to win and they still feel long-term, they can develop Goff. If they go 0-4 the next few weeks, then they will immediately just let Goff take his lumps.