Keith Law releases annually farm system rankings

soxfan49

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/orga...-rankings-list/

BA ranks us at #23. I know they graduated a ton last year but still surprised the Cubs fell to #20. Texas traded a bunch of prospects for Hamels but improved from #11 to #7. Braves went from #29 to #3, pretty impressive.

More shocking was how high Law had the Cubs ranked

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/orga...-rankings-list/

BA ranks us at #23. I know they graduated a ton last year but still surprised the Cubs fell to #20. Texas traded a bunch of prospects for Hamels but improved from #11 to #7. Braves went from #29 to #3, pretty impressive.

The Shelby Miller deal alone moves the Braves up a bunch.

Both rankings about right to me. Sox system has three layers. Solid but not spectacular Top 3, relatively weak 4 through the teens, but a nice wave of (finally) LatAm talent and some apparently good 2015 draft picks bringing up the back. And at least a "normal" 10th slot draft coming up, plus maybe that extra 27th pick. The offseason trades took a bit out of the middle, but there is reason for optimism too.

Remember that up until around 2012, the system was 28th to 30th basically every year for a number of years.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
Cuba falling to 20 is ridiculous to me. Torres, Contreras, McKinney, Cease, Almora and Happ have all appeared on top 100 lists. Even if the back end of their system sucks they have multiple marketable securities at the top of the system.

Well once they lose Abreu, Puig, Cespedes, Chapman, Tomas, and Moncada, you had to figure they would slip behind Japan, Korea, Venezuela, and the bunch.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
Cuba falling to 20 is ridiculous to me. Torres, Contreras, McKinney, Cease, Almora and Happ have all appeared on top 100 lists. Even if the back end of their system sucks they have multiple marketable securities at the top of the system.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/top-...cts-nos-51-100/

They just released their 51-100 rankings. Torres with be Top 50, but Contreras and Happ look like they'll be the only other 2 in BA's top 100. It seems they're a lot more down on McKinney and Almora than everyone else is.

Fulmer is #70 here, curious to see where they have Anderson when they release the rest of the rankings later.