2016 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ May 17, 2016 -> 12:48 AM)
Thompson 2/3 tonight with 2 HR and a BB, i will miss him

Already 6 homers in 72 PA. Had 5 in 132 with us last season. I know he's their 4th outfielder, but Dodgers need to stop f***ing with him and leave him at CF. He'd easily be a 1.5-2 WAR player right now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 16, 2016 -> 10:30 AM)
I think I pointed out that they are taught to throw low, however, Odor went lower than I have typically seen an infielder go (like that was about as low as I've ever seen an infielder drop his arm for a throw).

There is no doubt at all that Odor was throwing at Bautista's head. 1st of all Odor nimbly avoided the slide. It didn't take him out at all so he had could easily have made a good throw . Instead the throw was way way wide of 1st base.

Bautista didn't look like he wanted to fight. Even after Odor gave him a hard shove he didn't react like a guy looking for a fight. That punch took him by surprise. Maybe if Bautista's slide had actually taken him out I might be more sympathetic to Odor but in my mind he went from an AJ Pierzynski type, doing whatever he can to irk the other team, to a thug.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Already 6 homers in 72 PA. Had 5 in 132 with us last season. I know he's their 4th outfielder, but Dodgers need to stop f***ing with him and leave him at CF. He'd easily be a 1.5-2 WAR player right now.

You can't bench Joc Pederson, so that means either Puig or Crawford...whose contract they still want to extract SOME type of value out of.

Not to mention Ethier will be coming back at some point as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
Awesome game in Oakland. Davis walk off slam for his 3rd homer. And yes I'm still mad Fowler or Desmond isn't on the Sox

Nobody agreed about Desmond all off-season (Desmond now has an 803 OPS).

Rollins has a 664 OPS with below average defense/range and Saladino's at 598.

Fwiw, that's the rare second three homer game in a week, KC lost the game Cain hit them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
Nobody agreed about Desmond all off-season (Desmond now has an 803 OPS).

Rollins has a 664 OPS with below average defense/range and Saladino's at 598.

Fwiw, that's the rare second three homer game in a week, KC lost the game Cain hit them.

The board was definitely all over the place on Desmond but fathom never waivered in wanting him on the Sox.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)
The board was definitely all over the place on Desmond but fathom never waivered in wanting him on the Sox.

I do vaguely recall starting a thread on bringing in Jackson and Desmond in December...before it was closed by the mods.

Whether they could have brought in Fowler is another issue altogether, probably not. They certainly weren't going to surrender two draft picks for Desmond and Fowler, although that would have left them sitting pretty for this season and likely recouping the picks with QO's in 2017.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2016 -> 12:40 AM)
I do vaguely recall starting a thread on bringing in Jackson and Desmond in December...before it was closed by the mods.

Whether they could have brought in Fowler is another issue altogether, probably not. They certainly weren't going to surrender two draft picks for Desmond and Fowler, although that would have left them sitting pretty for this season and likely recouping the picks with QO's in 2017.

You said Desmond in June because he wasn't worth the draft pick. You also said absolutely no to Fowler because of the draft pick and you said he wouldn't be able to hit in the AL despite the fact he played in the AL one season and hit pretty well.

A

QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
CoughBathroomDilemacough

Ok i will clarify, i dont remember us closing a offseason thread that dealt with possible white sox targets. Unless it devolved to greg getting a sandwich

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
Ok i will clarify, i dont remember us closing a offseason thread that dealt with possible white sox targets. Unless it devolved to greg getting a sandwich

I literally laughed at work, thanks.

lol

Lindsey Adler ‏@Lahlahlindsey May 17

Approximately 214 Latino players in MLB as of Opening Day this year. Now zero Latino managers in the league.

Jeff Keppinger ‏@JKeppinger 2h ago

Jeff Keppinger Retweeted Lindsey Adler

The Mexican restaraunt down the street has NO white people working at it!

Jeff Keppinger ‏@JKeppinger 6m6 minutes ago

Sorry Twitter world!!!!! That last tweet WAS NOT from me! Someone thought it would be funny to go through my phone and write on my Twitter