2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
Come on man. You really don't see the problem with hoping for something bad to happen to another person? All because of the uniform that person wears? As a team, I would love to see the cubs fail but I don't wish anything bad on their players. They have the Billy goat curse and that's good enough for me.

It's not like I'm sending death threats or hoping the guy has a life threatening or career ending injury. Good lord. Arrieta missing the rest of the season would bring me more joy than seeing him pitch the Cubs to the World Series. So no I really don't see much of a problem hoping he gets injured this year. I also think he's cocky and overly hyped because of the team he plays for. Yes he's had a great run here but let's see him do it for another 3 or 4 years before he starts acting like he's God's gift to pitching (which the Chicago media already thinks). I also think the guy is using PEDs but I won't even start a debate about that topic because I know many will strongly disagree.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
I wish Arietta would shave his beard. It looks so fake to me. I want to pull it off.

He just feels fake in so many ways to me and my feelings about him are comparable to how I felt about Mark Prior in 2003, though I never wished his career would end quite that horribly.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
It's not like I'm sending death threats or hoping the guy has a life threatening or career ending injury. Good lord. Arrieta missing the rest of the season would bring me more joy than seeing him pitch the Cubs to the World Series. So no I really don't see much of a problem hoping he gets injured this year. I also think he's cocky and overly hyped because of the team he plays for. Yes he's had a great run here but let's see him do it for another 3 or 4 years before he starts acting like he's God's gift to pitching (which the Chicago media already thinks). I also think the guy is using PEDs but I won't even start a debate about that topic because I know many will strongly disagree.

Wishing for a year ending injury isnt really a far leap from wishing for a career ending injury. It really isnt cool to wish injury on anyone, you should just hope they suck if the Cubs bother you that much.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Wishing for a year ending injury isnt really a far leap from wishing for a career ending injury. It really isnt cool to wish injury on anyone, you should just hope they suck if the Cubs bother you that much.

It's a huge difference. Many pitchers have successfully returned from year ending injuries. Why are people here telling me what I should or should not hope for? Am I not entitled to my own opinion? Did I do something illegal?

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
It's a huge difference. Many pitchers have successfully returned from year ending injuries. Why are people here telling me what I should or should not hope for? Am I not entitled to my own opinion? Did I do something illegal?

And everyone else is entitled to their opinion as well.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)

are you being arrested? Are you being censored? Or are we putting our opinions here as well?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
are you being arrested? Are you being censored? Or are we putting our opinions here as well?

I'm the one being ripped on, told how I should think or feel, and called out. So in an indirect way yes. I didn't call any one else the lowest of low class fans or tell them how they should feel about this situation did I? I simply expressed my opinion and then defended it after being attacked.

Where's a good face palm emoji when ya need one? :huh

Oh well. Despite my die-hard fandom for the Sox and distain for the cubs, I do wish Schwarber well and a speedy recovery.

I have to admit that I was surprised Schwarber covered as much ground as he did on that play. Runs quicker than I would have thought for such a big dude.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
Where's a good face palm emoji when ya need one? :huh

Oh well. Despite my die-hard fandom for the Sox and distain for the cubs, I do wish Schwarber well and a speedy recovery.

I have to admit that I was surprised Schwarber covered as much ground as he did on that play. Runs quicker than I would have thought for such a big dude.

I see no disparaging remarks towards Schwarber in my initial post or any other subsequent posts. I did, however, say I wouldn't mind if Arrieta went down. I fully admit that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
acl/mcl tear. Keep Rodon in a bubble!

I'm surprised with the diagnosis, they should not even had tried to get him up walking after it with the ACL involved. Most ACL injuries have some component of the MCL or medial meniscus involved. Really doesn't change the rehab. He'll be back in 9-12 months, probably ready for the beginning of next season.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
He most likely won't ever be the same again.

Bummer. I hate the Cubs, but it sucks to see him get injured.

Dude is a hitter, he will be fine. He will be even better when he doesn't have to play the field anymore

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:19 PM)

LCL makes a difference. If the posterior-lateral corner of the knee is involved it make for a much more involved surgery. There are nerves and other ligaments and even tendons involved, similar to the kid from notre dame. This is not a routine surgery.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
He most likely won't ever be the same again.

Bummer. I hate the Cubs, but it sucks to see him get injured.

The ACL is no big deal. The problem is the LCL and that area.