2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Great, you wish for a player to be injured. There isn't a single person in this thread that agrees with you. You're entitled to your opinion, as is the rest of the board.

Let's all move on.

I have a hard time moving on when no posts like this are directed at Steve. It's not my forum so the mods can choose to run it however they choose but it sets a poor example in my opinion. And this isn't the first time I've read posts from Steve in which he was mocking or condescending of other posters. I guess that is condoned here. That's unfortunate.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
f*** the Cubs but that's absolutely awful news for that kid.

I'll risk the reprimand or what but JUST you are a f***ing heartless son of a b****.

Why? Like I've said before I hold no ill will towards Schwarber. That's a tough break for the kid, hasn't even got paid yet.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
I have a hard time moving on when no posts like this are directed at Steve. It's not my forum so the mods can choose to run it however they choose but it sets a poor example in my opinion. And this isn't the first time I've read posts from Steve in which he was mocking or condescending of other posters. I guess that is condoned here. That's unfortunate.

Yea, mocking a guy for wishing injury on someone needs reprimand, but wishing injury on someone is just opinion. Thanks we will take this in account when we have our next rules and regulations meeting

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Why? Like I've said before I hold no ill will towards Schwarber. That's a tough break for the kid, hasn't even got paid yet.

I have a hard time believing you're that f***ing obtuse. You are taking sports way too seriously. The others have pointed out that wishing injury on someone is just some scumbag type s***.

I really hope you're were just in the moment saying some stupid ass s***.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
If you are wishing for sports players to get injured because they play for the wrong team, you may want to reevaluate your life choices.

Yea I just sit here every day hoping and praying all Cubs players get hurt. You got me. I don't even know what the second part of that post means.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
I have a hard time believing you're that f***ing obtuse. You are taking sports way too seriously. The others have pointed out that wishing injury on someone is just some scumbag type s***.

I really hope you're were just in the moment saying some stupid ass s***.

Is it really that far out? I encountered many Bears fans being happy when they knocked Aaron Rodgers out for a couple months a few seasons back. That's actually worse because an opponent caused the injury rather than self inflicted like throwing your shoulder out.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)

Accurate

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:48 PM)
Practically this entire site can be the pot or the kettle here

Nope. Some posters are clearly more assaulting and condescending than others. It's not a one time thing either, it's consistent. If you can't distinguish between those posters then that's pretty alarming.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
He most likely won't ever be the same again.

Bummer. I hate the Cubs, but it sucks to see him get injured.

It's not like his game is based on speed...

He'll still hit, but they're going to have a really hard time finding a position for him. He was already bad in left field, but he probably can't play outfield ever again. It's hard to put a guy who just had a devastating knee injury back at catcher anytime soon. He might have to convert to 1B or 3B.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
It's not like his game is based on speed...

He'll still hit, but they're going to have a really hard time finding a position for him. He was already bad in left field, but he probably can't play outfield ever again. It's hard to put a guy who just had a devastating knee injury back at catcher anytime soon. He might have to convert to 1B or 3B.

He should be fine to play the OF. If he is fine to hit, he can play the OF.

I really can't stand the Cubs like most...but this really does make me sad seeing him go down like this. Easily my favorite player on the Cubs with my inner desire to have him on the Sox one day. Sucks for Schwarbs...he was fun to watch. I kinda cringed when "the genius" Maddon put their prized 3B out in left after Schwarbs went down...not sure I'd be doing that too much anymore the Genius Joe.

It's a shame his injury is so severe, nothing worse than watching your team from the sidelines

What has to be troubling too is the DH isn't coming to the National League anytime soon, and he sure as hell won't be traded upon returning. He'll have to be thrown out into the OF again where he obviously is a liability to the team and himself

If this was 20-25 years ago, his career as anything but a DH might be in question, but I think he will be OK. I hate the Cubs, but this is not happy news for me. I hope he recovers fully. I want the Cubs to lose every game they play, and really wouldn't mind if Schwarber sucked. But I am anti injury.

Edited by Dick Allen

It's a shame his injury is so severe, nothing worse than watching your team from the sidelines

What has to be troubling too is the DH isn't coming to the National League anytime soon, and he sure as hell won't be traded upon returning. He'll have to be thrown out into the OF again where he obviously is a liability to the team and himself

If I'm Schwarber or his agent I'm demanding the Cubs move him once healthy (aka this offseason). They really should have done it this offseason but didn't for obvious reasons. His risk of injury playing the field was exponentially higher than most players, lo and behold the first game the Cubs dont have the DH to fall back on he completely wrecks his knee. Left field is a suicide mission for Kyle Schwarber.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)
If I'm Schwarber or his agent I'm demanding the Cubs move him once healthy (aka this offseason). They really should have done it this offseason but didn't for obvious reasons. His risk of injury playing the field was exponentially higher than most players, lo and behold the first game the Cubs dont have the DH to fall back on he completely wrecks his knee. Left field is a suicide mission for Kyle Schwarber.

This is actually crazy talk. The Cubs have to field him, it's in the rules, and he's not a catcher.

This is actually crazy talk. The Cubs have to field him, it's in the rules, and he's not a catcher.

But he cant field! Did you watch the playoffs last year and think he was going to figure it out? No, he was going to get himself hurt because he has zero (absolutely zero, its almost remarkable) spacial awareness in the OF. He would dive at nothing.

There was talk going into the offseason of Theo trading hin for pitching, talk which quickly evaporated, I suspect for non-baseball reasons. Theo had to have seen this coming. You think they stockpiled all that OF depth just for yucks?

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
But he cant field! Did you watch the playoffs last year and think he was going to figure it out? No, he was going to get himself hurt because he has zero (absolutely zero, its almost remarkable) spacial awareness in the OF. He would dive at nothing.

There was talk going into the offseason of Theo trading hin for pitching, talk which quickly evaporated, I suspect for non-baseball reasons. Theo had to have seen this coming. You think they stockpiled all that OF depth just for yucks?

No self-respecting GM would trade a bat like Schwarber for fear of him having to play the worst defensive position in football.

Rowand nailed it: This narrative is silly. If your bat is as good as Schwarber's is, you can play outfield. Manny Ramirez played left field, for heaven's sake.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
If this was 20-25 years ago, his career as anything but a DH might be in question, but I think he will be OK. I hate the Cubs, but this is not happy news for me. I hope he recovers fully. I want the Cubs to lose every game they play, and really wouldn't mind if Schwarber sucked. But I am anti injury.

I'm pro injury. Keeps me in business. (Just kidding . Kind of.