2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
I don't think so. Marcus Semien's glove is atrocious, Phegley is a backup catcher, we'll see about Ravelo. I'm forgetting the other player.

Chris Bassitt though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Arrieta is just insane at Wrigley. Of course Rockies had a split-squad lineup today.

Unless his arm falls off, he has proven that he is for real. The Rockies starter today was a righty with ridiculous reverse splits, so they started a nearly all righty lineup, not many teams would do that.

They were a -320 favorite today, which is massive in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
So of course after everything this offseason, Dexter Fowler has been incredible. If only LaRoche retired earlier.

Yea other than him taking out their 22 year old stud left fielder, he's been outstanding so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
So of course after everything this offseason, Dexter Fowler has been incredible. If only LaRoche retired earlier.

I have a hard time going with that logic. If the FO really wanted him they could have got him. They just didnt want Fowler enough to make the case to go and get him like they did the other two outfielders that they whiffed on.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 17, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
Don't look now, but the Cubs offense is pretty f***ing awful too

It is...A LOT of low, low batting averages in that lineup. They are still getting the W's, however...unfortunately.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 01:52 AM)
By how many games do you think the Cubs will win the NL Central by this season? When John Lackey is driving in runs with his bat, you might as well just prepare for the inevitable.

12 games...they'll win 100 and Cards will win 88

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Does it not phase kenny williams, hahn, and reinsdorf on what is happening on the north side? This cub team has a window of at least five years to be great and we continue to do the same thing over and over again. Not complaining just a thought.

I think they care far more about what the Tigers, Indians, Royals ,and Twins are doing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 1m1 minute ago St Louis, MO

Schwarber underwent surgery this morning. Performed by Daniel Cooper in Dallas, TX, team physician for Cowboys. Successful ACL reconstruct.

LCL repair.

Good luck my man.

I hate the Cubs but I love Schwarber's game and his attitude.