2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SI seems to think it was Pilates and his diet that made him a better pitcher. I don't think Loaiza was this good when he was signed and turned it around.

I understand they were chasing history but I think it's stupid to have your pitcher throw 120 pitches when he is ahead by 16.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
SI seems to think it was Pilates and his diet that made him a better pitcher. I don't think Loaiza was this good when he was signed and turned it around.

I understand they were chasing history but I think it's stupid to have your pitcher throw 120 pitches when he is ahead by 16.

Then he will be gassed for the playoffs. Perfect.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:15 AM)

Why isn't everyone doing Pilates if it makes you gain 2 mph

Is this the low point for Sox fans in terms of their relative position against the Cubs?

If it wasn't last post-season, or 2003...it feels like it is coming soon.

Would hate to compare the tv and radio ratings for the respective series this week...but it would be interesting to see how many more were watching Arrieta tonight (granted, the no-hitter will attract more the last three innings, but the "average" over the broadcast) and compare it with the Sale start.

Of course, that's not altogether fair since it was a day game, but the Cubs are just sucking all the air out of the room.

It almost makes you cringe HOPING that something bad happens (not an injury to Arrieta)...that strange sensation of rooting almost as hard against the Cubs as for the White Sox.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:17 AM)
Is this the low point for Sox fans in terms of their relative position against the Cubs?

If it wasn't last post-season, or 2003...it feels like it is coming soon.

Would hate to compare the tv and radio ratings for the respective series this week...but it would be interesting to see how many more were watching Arrieta tonight (granted, the no-hitter will attract more the last three innings, but the "average" over the broadcast) and compare it with the Sale start.

Of course, that's not altogether fair since it was a day game, but the Cubs are just sucking all the air out of the room.

It almost makes you cringe HOPING that something bad happens (not an injury to Arrieta)...that strange sensation of rooting almost as hard against the Cubs as for the White Sox.

Sox are off to a good start. Things could be much, much worse. I know you don't live in Chicago but espn1000 doesn't even have anyone covering the Sox.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
PEDS

If it wasn't for exposing McGwire/Sosa after that historic 1998 season/HR chase...you could almost argue that protecting Arrieta from being outed would be worth a lot more to MLB than "heartbreaking" news of a PEDS violation and the Cubs' season being upended.