2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds are such garbage. Now, they get to play Milwaukee for 3 and Atlanta for 3. More garbage to massacre and get in a circle jerk about. Sorry, I am just mad that I can't listen to any Chicago Sports radio for TV shows anymore. The Kool-Aid is extra sweet and starting to rot my teeth. I can't wait until we play them and kick their a$$.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Apr 24, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
The Reds are such garbage. Now, they get to play Milwaukee for 3 and Atlanta for 3. More garbage to massacre and get in a circle jerk about. Sorry, I am just mad that I can't listen to any Chicago Sports radio for TV shows anymore. The Kool-Aid is extra sweet and starting to rot my teeth. I can't wait until we play them and kick their a$$.

This is reality and yes, it does suck.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
May want to check up on the Astros there bud.

They'll obviously be better than they have been, but Keuchel's velocity loss is pretty concerning and Gomez just looks completely done. If Keuchel doesn't pitch like a #1 and Gomez continues to be horrible, the Astros are just a .500ish team.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
They'll obviously be better than they have been, but Keuchel's velocity loss is pretty concerning and Gomez just looks completely done. If Keuchel doesn't pitch like a #1 and Gomez continues to be horrible, the Astros are just a .500ish team.

Truth of the matter is that the Astros haven't been all that great since their hot start last year.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Yup. That entire team other than Altuve and Correa is fools gold.

Springer's pretty good. They look like a .500 team if their pitching doesn't get back on track.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 04:34 PM)
Severely underperforming. The fact is, they're one of the blueprints people are following.

The problem is the blueprint isn't new. Teams have always tried it. It's just that it's usually small market teams that can't afford to pay to fill in the holes where the draft failed. Theo and the boys are successful because they did it with Boston and the cubs where they could have one of the highest payrolls in the league to compensate for the holes in teams which is pitching because pitching is more difficult to predict by their metrics.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 02:17 AM)
The idiot who rushed the field for the no-hitter has become a hero. Articles written on him, media appearances, GoFundMe to pay his legal expenses. This is sending a terrible message.

The GoFundMe s*** is pretty ridiculous. If you're going to give away some of your money to help another person, why the f*** would you chooser some asshole who rushed a baseball field? I really don't have a problem that he rushed the field either, he can decide if spending the night in jail and the legal expense was worth it. Just pathetic that people can make a cause of this.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Why is it that when Jake Arrieta is accused of PED use by other players the media is more concerned with Arrieta blowing off those allegations than the fact those allegations were made in the first place. "Jake Arrieta says he's flattered by accusations of PED use" (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15388965/jake-arrieta-chicago-cubs-says-flattered-accusations-ped-use).... uhhhh burying the lede much ESPN? I think the bigger story here may that other players, who dont seem to hurl these accusatiosn around all willy nilly, think the reigning Cy Young award winner is on the juice.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Truth of the matter is that the Astros haven't been all that great since their hot start last year.

And the Ken Giles trade is up there with the Shelby Miller trade for just remarkably stupid trades that made no sense at the time and are looking terrible in hindsight too.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Why is it that when Jake Arrieta is accused of PED use by other players the media is more concerned with Arrieta blowing off those allegations than the fact those allegations were made in the first place. "Jake Arrieta says he's flattered by accusations of PED use" (http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15388965/jake-arrieta-chicago-cubs-says-flattered-accusations-ped-use).... uhhhh burying the lede much ESPN? I think the bigger story here may that other players, who dont seem to hurl these accusatiosn around all willy nilly, think the reigning Cy Young award winner is on the juice.

There isn't much you can do but take reactions and talk about them. JA hasn't tested positive, nothing is linked to him, the only thing we have is his crazy results to go on and make accusations with.

I'm sure if there is anything worth investigating, someone is investigating it

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
And the Ken Giles trade is up there with the Shelby Miller trade for just remarkably stupid trades that made no sense at the time and are looking terrible in hindsight too.

The Giles trade made sense. The Astros has a lot of issues in the bullpen last year. What didn't make sense is how they used him this year...as a setup man instead of a closer. I don't know if that messed him up mentally or what, but he's been awful this year.

There isn't much you can do but take reactions and talk about them. JA hasn't tested positive, nothing is linked to him, the only thing we have is his crazy results to go on and make accusations with.

You mean the sports media that breathlessly fawns over the Cubs all day every day? Joe Maddon could be killing prostitutes in broad daylight in front of Tribune Tower and they'd burying the story.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)

Couldn't agree more with this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)

Like who, the MLB?

A couple of connections that make me pause, Boras and Theo.

I see Dexter Fowler bulked up rather handsomely over the winter as well.

The cubs story is great for baseball as it was in the late 90's. The MLB is not going to look into breaking it down nor is any media outlet that makes money off of MLB success.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
You mean the sports media that breathlessly fawns over the Cubs all day every day? Joe Maddon could be killing prostitutes in broad daylight in front of Tribune Tower and they'd burying the story.

I am sorry but that hooker comment made me LOL really bad.