2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

Apparently the Cubs are THAT team.

Rob Biertempfel ‏@BiertempfelTrib 2h2 hours ago

MLB scoring change for #Pirates 5/4 game: E8 changed to single for #Cubs Rizzo, add 3 ER to Nicasio total. McCutchen off the hook for error.

MLB reviewed scorer's decision at the insistence of the Chicago Cubs.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
You really should not.

Go watch that more than mean video and come back here and tell me that again.

Powerful stuff. I like Julie a lot. She is doing a lot more important things than talking about baseball.

Edited by AustinIllini

Go watch that more than mean video and come back here and tell me that again.

Powerful stuff. I like Julie a lot. She is doing a lot more important things than talking about baseball.

You mean that clickbait trash tossed out out like viral chum into the shark-infested waters of the Blogging Industrial Complex? I couldn't even make it through the first 30 seconds of that cringe inducing schlock.

DiCaro will hammer anyone who so much as gives a woman the side-eye, except for the overly influencial lead host of the afternoon show at her own station who's been put on blast gawking at CSN hosts tits numerous times (he's been on Deadspin twice! for it). Julie has nothing to say about that though, I'm sure if pressed she'd tell you Bernstein never meant what he said and that he's "on the right side of things." A level of forgiveness I've never seen her afford to any of her other targets, but hey she knows the path to her own show on that dying station is paved by clickbait Cubs tweets and kissing Bernstein's ass.

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
You mean that clickbait trash tossed out out like viral chum into the shark-infested waters of the Blogging Industrial Complex? I couldn't even make it through the first 30 seconds of that cringe inducing schlock.

DiCaro will hammer anyone who so much as gives a woman the side-eye, except for the overly influencial lead host of the afternoon show at her own station who's been put on blast gawking at CSN hosts tits numerous times (he's been on Deadspin twice! for it). Julie has nothing to say about that though, I'm sure if pressed she'd tell you Bernstein never meant what he said and that he's "on the right side of things." A level of forgiveness I've never seen her afford to any of her other targets, but hey she knows the path to her own show on that dying station is paved by clickbait Cubs tweets and kissing Bernstein's ass.

Take it up with your therapist. Don't be part of the problem.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)

The last update that I have to hear her stumble through will be her best. I don't wish upon anyone the nonsense that people say to her but she's not good at her job by any means. She searches her name on twitter all day and then stumbles and mumbles through updates and she has a law degree supposedly.

Does this help? :D

Jon Lester wasn’t at his sharpest but weaved his way through six innings. Despite holding three five-run leads, the Cubs needed six relievers to close out the victory. Addison Russell committed a base running gaffe that stunted a promising rally in the second, and usually sure-handed third baseman Javier Baez committed a fielding error with two out that loaded the bases in the seventh.”

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
The Padres lineup today is absolutely pathetic. They have like 2 legit MLB hitters out of 9 guys.

No wonder the Cubs are steamrolling everyone. Half the NL is horrible and has a AAA talent level.

They did win 7 straight vs Pittsburgh and Washington.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
The Padres lineup today is absolutely pathetic. They have like 2 legit MLB hitters out of 9 guys.

No wonder the Cubs are steamrolling everyone. Half the NL is horrible and has a AAA talent level.

I count 3 guys, and it's a doubleheader so 3 more MLB hitters are on the bench today.

While I agree with your second point, they have smoked the Pirates, Cards, and Nationals too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
I count 3 guys, and it's a doubleheader so 3 more MLB hitters are on the bench today.

While I agree with your second point, they have smoked the Pirates, Cards, and Nationals too.

So far they fall into the mediocre category, i wouldnt count that as a good win

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:52 PM)
So far they fall into the mediocre category, i wouldnt count that as a good win

They are tough to figure out. +47 run differential, 2nd best in baseball, yet 17-16. I'd say their magic pixie dust is finally running it out, but they are being carried by guys named Aldemys Diaz and Jeremy Hazelbaker. Where they find these guys? No idea.