2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that Fowler ball ALMOST went out. Would have been pandemonium.

Eucker thought it was gone. Good thing Heyward here and not Bryant.

At least the Cubs have only gained 2 games on the White Sox the past 10-11 days (yes, this isn't a REAL thing any more than the "Attendance Cup," but last Monday they were 18 games over .500 and we were 13 over). They're not playing particularly well recently, either.

Edited by caulfield12

Hopefully something racial doesn't come out with the Cubs' fans and Heyward (see Fukudome, although that was a t-shirt in the beginning)...as much as it's nice to see the Cubs miss one (so far) in such a big way, it's never a good thing in real life to see a player subjected to verbal abuse/epithets.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
Cubs fans hating Heyward is so predictable

Depends on what kind of hate were talking, but it's hard to like a guy rocking a .607 OPS and 185 million on the hook. We're paying Austin Jackson 5 million for that same level of hitting production.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 19, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Should've been a sweep, but none the less, I love the 2 out of 3 for the Crew!

Watching SportsTalk Live right now. Man, I can't stand Dave Kaplan, what an unbelievable Homer. Now I know why I stopped watching the show.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ May 19, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
What is his problem?

It is just his cockiness and arrogance in how he states that the Cubs are undoubtedly the best team in baseball and Arrieta is the best pitcher in baseball, better than Sale. It is his whole aura of cockiness and arrogance that completely disturbs me and gets under my skin. Even if those things are true (and they can be argued against), just be a bit more modest and meek about it. It's fans like him that makes me really dislike that team and makes me hope they lose every game. Honestly, it does not have much to do with their players at all.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 19, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
It is just his cockiness and arrogance in how he states that the Cubs are undoubtedly the best team in baseball and Arrieta is the best pitcher in baseball, better than Sale.

You don't like that he's telling the truth? Clearly the truth upsets you.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 19, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
You don't like that he's telling the truth? Clearly the truth upsets you.

Give me a break, man. I never said he wasn't telling the truth. I was talking about the way his cocky personality can poorly rub off on a person. Get a grip and I hope your reading comprehension improves in the near future.

Edited by soxfan85