2016 Cubs catch-all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
BTW, Cubs of course miss Kershaw next week in a 4 game set vs Dodgers

At least Arrieta is looking human lately. He must be missing some of his meals consisting of plants and lean meats.

Edited by soxfan85

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plus side, the possibility of a Puig to the White Sox trade has become more likely...

Dave Roberts has to be running out of patience with him at this point.

And Ventura will surely keep him in line, right?

Sox were 2 1/2 games behind the Cubs three weeks ago. Now it's 9 1/2 games. Everything the Cubs do turns to gold these days...

Edited by caulfield12

Do not ask me how this always happens to me but i was at dairy queen waiting in line and there were two guys and a girl sitting at a table eating. Anyways, they were talking cubs and how "flawless" they are and how "flawless" they will be come playoff time. With all that is going on with the sox i wanted to scream.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ May 31, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Do not ask me how this always happens to me but i was at dairy queen waiting in line and there were two guys and a girl sitting at a table eating. Anyways, they were talking cubs and how "flawless" they are and how "flawless" they will be come playoff time. With all that is going on with the sox i wanted to scream.

They are a fantastic team. In the playoffs, however, it is a whole different ballgame. No team is "flawless." They can be beaten, or they could win it all. But, they can be beaten. Especially by a team with a strong rotation. And no matter who they play, be it Washington (I don't care that they swept them...see the Cubs vs. the Mets last year in the regular season), the Mets, San Francisco...each one of those teams could beat them. Additionally, if they get by those teams, they still have to beat the AL team which will be no easy feat. Part of Cub fandom has always been to talk, talk, talk. It is just their culture, and very annoying.

Additionally, they still have to get through over 110 games healthy. Somebody's arm blows out, shoulder goes haywire, etc. and it is a whole new ballgame. Anything can happen with that in the next 4 months. #rentfree

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
On the plus side, the possibility of a Puig to the White Sox trade has become more likely...

Dave Roberts has to be running out of patience with him at this point.

And Ventura will surely keep him in line, right?

Sox were 2 1/2 games behind the Cubs three weeks ago. Now it's 9 1/2 games. Everything the Cubs do turns to gold these days...

What?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
The Dodgers were playing the Cubs at that moment in time...

Why are you comparing the Sox and the Cubs though as if they are in the same division or even the same league? There is no correlation other than sharing the same city.

I just think it's interesting to see where we stand against them. Obviously, record in different leagues is just ONE of many possible measures or comps.

And also for the same reason the Tribune's Crosstown Classic "All-Star selections" are so oft-debated, Arrieta vs. Sale, used to be Abreu vs. Rizzo, etc. Something to talk about or discuss.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
Why are you comparing the Sox and the Cubs though as if they are in the same division or even the same league? There is no correlation other than sharing the same city.

Because Soxtalk.

Apparently most people here can't take the ribbing they get from Cubs fans around the water cooler.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
Comparisons between the sox and cubs have existed as long as the teams have and will continue to do so. Weird thing to jump on.

Doesn't make it any less stupid.

Classy move by the Cubs to let Scully sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame

The Cubs are dominating NL All-Star vote like they're the Royals

The Chicago Cubs are hoping to make like the Kansas City Royals this season and hoist a World Series trophy come November.

For now, though, Cubs fans are making like Royals fans and stuffing the All-Star ballot boxes in what looks like an effort to get their entire team to San Diego.

Major League Baseball released the first batch of results for National League All-Star voting on Wednesday and the Cubs are dominating. If voting ended right now, the Cubs would have starters at five of the eight positions for which fans can vote. That includes the entire Cubs infield of Anthony Rizzo, Ben Zobrist, Addison Russell and Kris Bryant. Dexter Fowler is second among outfielders.

If yesterday isn't proof of a charmed year for the Cubs and their fans, then nothing is. Invite Craig Sager, along with family and friends, have him meet his childhood idol, Billy Williams, before the game, and throw out the first pitch to a cancer survivor, Anthony Rizzo. The starter is another cancer survivor, Jon Lester, who goes on to throw a complete game shutout apart from giving up a leadoff HR. The only other runs on the night come in the form of a two-run shot by Kris Bryant. Sager sings the seventh inning stretch, Cubs win. You couldn't have written it any better.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
Are you really making another random Silicon Valley reference? Please tell me I'm completely off-base here.

Well you are the Chicago White Sox, so you probably suck at base running.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
Are you really making another random Silicon Valley reference? Please tell me I'm completely off-base here.

As long as he has that huge image taking up the whole page, yes!

At least he should change it to one of Monica occasionally, or Richard's latest attempt and Dinesh's Eastern European internet "galpal."

Fine, Cubs are the greatest team in the world, Go Cubs Go, they can do no wrong...all they can do is wait for the next wave of pitching as they storm through the NL Central and create a new MLB clause that forces the rest of the teams in that division to spend a minimum of $125 million on payroll in order to have a prayer of JUST competing with the vaunted Cubs and their idiotic W flags and rapidly increasing crime/violence rates in the Wrigleyville area.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
As long as he has that huge image taking up the whole page, yes!

At least he should change it to one of Monica occasionally, or Richard's latest attempt and Dinesh's Eastern European internet "galpal.".

I went to college with a girl who was studying-abroad from Estonia. She is a f***ing babe. When I watch her snapchat story, it's like all she does is hang out with models. Estonian girls are f***ing BABES, man.