Jerry Manuel Days Numbered?

DonkeyKongerko

I really don't see us keeping Jerry Manuel if we don't make the postseason. Does anybody see a scenario where KW can justify keeping JM if this happens??  If so what reasons could he possibly give that could convince even the dumbest White Sox fans?

Im a life long fan. IF they dont fire this fool, Im going to SERIOUSLY consider how commited i am to this team. :drink

Does anybody see a scenario where KW can justify keeping JM if this happens??

JR still has one year left to pay on his contract :bang. When's the last time JR gave money away for nothing..... other than when KW deals Durham for Adkins AND pays OAK for taking Durham :lol:

KW should take a long walk off of a short pier while he's at it.

I don't know, this year has shown me that KW is not afraid to make a move with a team that is struggling before the trading deadline. We haven't seen a White Sox team make this serious a run after the All Star Break for many years. I think that can mostly be credited to KW who may have learned a thing or two. Now if he can just stop making the worst trade of the season every year.

We haven't seen a White Sox team make this serious a run after the All Star Break for many years.  I think that can mostly be credited to KW who may have learned a thing or two.  Now if he can just stop making the worst trade of the season every year.

That was done strictly because JR knows another "White Flag" would have been Organizational suicide. Nothing more. KW had nothing to do with it. We'll get compensation picks for guys like Everett and Colon. The moves were a "White Flag" without appearing to be "White Flag" on the surface. Don't be fooled. If this team was serious about this Division, we would have acquired a 5th starter for one. Starting a AA BB-machine in August is hardly the look of a "contender." Then there's Danny Wrong who's career best pitching is already behind him..... having won something like his last 7 starts in '02.

The moves that KW didn't make are what doomed this team. And firing JM at the All-Star Break is definitely another one of them.

That was done strictly because JR knows another "White Flag" would have been Organizational suicide. Nothing more. KW had nothing to do with it. We'll get compensation picks for guys like Everett and Colon. The moves were a "White Flag" without appearing to be "White Flag" on the surface. Don't be fooled. If this team was serious about this Division, we would have acquired a 5th starter for one. Starting a AA BB-machine in August is hardly the look of a "contender." Then there's Danny Wrong who's career best pitching is already behind him..... having won something like his last 7 starts in '02.

The moves that KW didn't make are what doomed this team. And firing JM at the All-Star Break is definitely another one of them.

Wow, that's quite a conspiracy theory there. Is the owner in Major League now in Chicago?

Wow, that's quite a conspiracy theory there. Is the owner in Major League now in Chicago?

Keep lying to yourself. When what I outlined above happens it will be much easier for me to accept.

Getting draft picks for players would require the White Sox offering arbitration, which i believe they would do for Colon and no one else. Hopefully, some of these guys will sign with another team before the arbitration deadline, so the Sox could offer it without risk of it being accepted, and get the picks.

Guest hotsoxchick1
If you complainers want a sure thing, go be a Yankee fan.  To be a Sox fan is to suffer.

arent you tired of the suffering??? i know i am.....

JR might not want to pay Manuel off, but he knows the fan base is fragile and people will stay home if Manuel comes back.

the fan base has been very fragile for a while now....so what makes this year any different... jr started that fraility himself with the white flag trades and most just stayed away after that.....keeping or getting rid of jm wont make much difference.... wanna see how fragile the season ticket fan base goes for next year?? watch when we dont host an all star game next year how many of those new season ticket holders they gained this year dont come back......

Kenny has said that if the SOx don't make the playoffs this year, he's going to fire Manuel plain and simple

lol he says alot of s*** that he usually doesnt deliver.. besides its not his choice to make..... ;) and i didnt hear jr say anything of the sort, he does after all sign the pay checks......if you need any further discussion on that see what happened to kw when he TRIED to excersize franks dsc.......jr made the final say on that one....

Is the owner in Major League now in Chicago?

sure as hell seems like it doesnt it...... :D

QUOTE (Grebeck Fan Club @ Sep 17 2003, 01:30 PM)

People have fired Manuel about 80 billion times on this board this year alone. Guess what, we're still 1.5 games out, and we have one extra game to play. 

In a division that should have been clinched by now.

ahh my fan speaks volumes......we should have had it all by now.....

Guest hotsoxchick1
Grebeck, Kenny has said it, if the SOX fail to make the playoffs Jerry is Gone

kw has said alot of things since soxfest.... take what he says with a grain of salt .. its not his decision to make.... jr signs the checks.... and as kw tried to excersize franks dsc and it backfired...kw talks a bunch of s*** but when it comes down to it he has no powers to make such things happen........ ;)