Whisox05

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineup vs texas

CWS 3/10 in Surprise: May 8, C. Sanchez 4, Frazier 5, Ishikawa 3, A. Garcia 9, Avila 2, Sands 7, Hawkins DH, Saladino 6, Quintana LHP

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/707977108409028608

Lineup vs Royals

CWS 3/10 vs. Royals: Eaton DH, Rollins 6, Lawrie 4, Shuck 9, Davidson 5, H. Sanchez 2, Olt 3, Coats 7, L. Garcia 8, Fulmer RHP

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/707977385262514176

For those who can't see the twitter links

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Said it would be about 10 days before he got in a game. What's it been 7 0r 8 days ?

They said it on the 6th.

Dan Hayes Verified account ‏@CSNHayes Mar 6

Austin Jackson is expected to report to camp tomorrow. Is likely a week to 10 days out from playing in A games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
They said it on the 6th.

Dan Hayes Verified account ‏@CSNHayes Mar 6

Austin Jackson is expected to report to camp tomorrow. Is likely a week to 10 days out from playing in A games.

Yea just checked the Ajax acquisition thread. Seems like longer but my internal clock is off since I am temporarily not working.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
No idea how Davidson hit that ball out to RF with such a pull swing.

Cespedes hits the same way if you're referring to opening the hips but if you can adjust your swing and keep the bat longer in the zone you can oppo it.

Funny both games at once . Fulmer with 2 scoreless innings vs. Royals. Sands with a HR against Rangers. Carlos Sanchez anither XBH ,his SLG and OPS must be off the charts so far.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Another nice shot by Avi into the left-centerfield gap. He is absolutely on fire. I know it's a very small sample size but he looks like a completely different hitter in the chances I've got to see him this spring. I really think this is the year he puts it together.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)
Another nice shot by Avi into the left-centerfield gap. He is absolutely on fire. I know it's a very small sample size but he looks like a completely different hitter in the chances I've got to see him this spring. I really think this is the year he puts it together.

It will depend if he gets to play much or regularly. I personally would ha e him as the DH and cut Laroche

Edited by Condor13

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 03:50 PM)

Agreed. If he hits like this out of the gate I guess that LaRoche will be the odd man out?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)

Shh. Be careful, you know that a comment like that is likely to generate a chorus of skepticism. "It's only Spring", "He still sucks" etc,

But, I'm with you, he looks completely different. This new stance is much more conducive to hitting for power. He's showing good patience at the plate.

The front office knows that he could be a beast, if he puts it together. I'm very encouraged.

Sox defense evens score at 1. Misjudged outfield pop up falls when it shouldn't have. Leury Garcia broke back so bad jump and attempted diving catch by Shuck unsuccessful. Then WP and throw into LF by Hector Sanchez scored the run. Single by Gordon ends Fulmers day. 2 1/3 innings 1 run so far, 1 BB 2 K. Nick Turley in to pitch.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Very doubtful. Sox need LH hitting and the Sox just don't cut a $13M salary.

I don't really think there is any chance they would cut him, until late in the season, but if Avi is significantly outhitting him he will get more at bats. It doesn't matter what side of the plate LaRoche stands on if he isn't hitting. That being said, I do think we see a pretty sizable comeback from LaRoche this year.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa