3/11 at Padres

flavum

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
According to Merkin, Rodon was working on some things and didn't throw a slider the entire game. Rodon said the last game where he didn't throw a single slider was in the middle school.

Rodon is going to be filthy this year, I can feel it. Might struggle with walks at times but I think he's got a really good chance to turn in a 4-5 fWAR season. Won't put down any ERA numbers as it's too park and defense dependent but I think he has a chance to put together a top 30 season from a fWAR standpoint among SP. This rotation could be filthy if they get anything out of Danks and Latos other than replacement level. Sale, Q, Rodon is as good as it gets for a top three.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
I know it means nothing but I think it means something to have success in spring....if that makes any sense.

Very few teams can flip the switch so to speak.

Oakland had the best record in ST last year and the worst record in regular season. Having said that, I do think it is important for WS to have a good spring since the team has a bunch of new players and are working on developing new chemisty

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Mr.Brown is a wonder...Boom Boom Boom...My Brown makes thunder :)

PS: Yes, I read way too much Dr Seuss that the first thing that comes to my head is that. My daughter loves the book and especially loves that part.

Mr. Brown goes splat splat splat. And it is very fun to make a noise like that.

My son just turned two. :P

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
I know it means nothing but I think it means something to have success in spring....if that makes any sense.

Very few teams can flip the switch so to speak.

The O's are having quite the ST so far. Makes me happy after their ludicrous signing this off-season.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 11, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Rodon is going to be filthy this year, I can feel it. Might struggle with walks at times but I think he's got a really good chance to turn in a 4-5 fWAR season. Won't put down any ERA numbers as it's too park and defense dependent but I think he has a chance to put together a top 30 season from a fWAR standpoint among SP. This rotation could be filthy if they get anything out of Danks and Latos other than replacement level. Sale, Q, Rodon is as good as it gets for a top three.

I agree the top 3 could be as good as any 3 in the league but Danks and Latos at their best won't fill out a filthy rotation. Every time those 2 take the mound everybody better be ducking to avoid the rocket shots. Winning 7-6 in their games may be the best we can hope for.

Edited by OnlyGillis