Spring Training Cuts thread

Dunt

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
Me. Don't want any part of Bruce.

I'd take him if the price is just Johnson, if he sucks he's gone next year, if he performs maybe you think about picking up his option (13 million for '17) or getting a new deal done.

There's a non zero (I'd hazard 1/5) chance he pulls an Adam Dunn and can no longer even hit for .200 in a tougher league but if that happens you just bench him for other options.

Price is way more than just Johnson though. Sox would have to include a legit C+ / B- type prospect IMO -- especially if the Reds are paying some freight. Guys like Johnson are a dime a dozen this time of year I'd suspect most orgs have a 5/6 starter type on the 40 man as well they'd offer the Reds for Bruce.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 04:33 AM)
Fulmer sent down to minor league camp.

36 left.

If Sands makes it, the 11 left to be cut are:

Carroll, Kahnle, Turner, Aumont

H Sanchez

Davidson, L Garcia, C Sanchez, Ishikawa

Coats, May

Depends if they decide to take 13 pitchers

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
Depends if they decide to take 13 pitchers

He's saying if they decide to take Sands. Sands would likely be 4th bench guy depending on if there is an injury.

Only other scenario I see where they take 13 pitchers and Sands is if Shuck doesn't make it.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
He's saying if they decide to take Sands. Sands would likely be 4th bench guy depending on if there is an injury.

Only other scenario I see where they take 13 pitchers and Sands is if Shuck doesn't make it.

Shuck is making it before sands. If they take 13 pitchers then it's shuck, Saladino and one of the catchers is bench.

I mentioned this before, but the only factor I could see the Sox taking 13 pitchers is if rain is in the forecast for Oakland on Wednesday, April 6.

Unless I'm missing something with the 26th man rules, if the Wednesday game got rained out and the Sox were forced to play two on Thursday, they would have to do that without a 26th man.

Right now, the forecast is cloudy with a chance of rain throughout that series.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
I mentioned this before, but the only factor I could see the Sox taking 13 pitchers is if rain is in the forecast for Oakland on Wednesday, April 6.

Unless I'm missing something with the 26th man rules, if the Wednesday game got rained out and the Sox were forced to play two on Thursday, they would have to do that without a 26th man.

Yes but only having one day off the entire month of April also plays into factor. If the Sox were fully confident that that starters are going at least 7 innings then you might not need the extra pitcher

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)

Figure you have 7 straight games to start off then an off day and then another 19 straight.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)
Is there any rhyme or reason with how many they cut at a time and when? It really doesn't affect the games at all as guys they have sent back do still get in them.

The important question is, will they win the Catcus League Championship? Who cares about rosters and regular season nonsense.