Most dissapointing season ever?

Jordan4life_2003

I've been a Sox fan for 14 years now and I must say this has been without a doubt the most dissapointing season I have ever experienced as a White Sox fan. When last season ended it wasn't that tough cause I realized we just didn't have the pitching. But to go out and add a 20 gm winner in Bartolo Colon, A 44 save guy in Billy Koch. Tom Gordon, And then in one of the steals of the 21 century Estaban Loaiza u figure the team has a great shot at winning a WEAK division. Then we suck the 1st 3 months and it looks like the season over. So instead of just sucking the rest of the year and sparring Sox fans anymore heartache they actually start playin well for a couple weeks. So well Kenny Williams goes out and adds 2 very good players in Alomar and Everett. Then later on adds a couple of solid arms in the pen. So u have to assume that no way in hell a team with this type of talent in a s***TY division doesn't win. But somehow some MOTHERf***IN way. We found a way to f*** it up. As a Sox fan I sit in total disbelief that a team with Yankees-Redsox talent failed to win a PIECE OF s*** DIVISION. This is much worse than 94. Atleast we can say we don't know what would've happened. But oh well. Let me know what u guys think...

Basically because you just gave up on the season in one post. If the Sox won yesterday, this post doesn't come out. What if they win the division? You've already called this your most disappointing season ever? I think that's pretty premature. Plus, i didn't expect a whole lot out of this team back in april and may when they sucked, so to come through and compete for the division has been quite pleasant, not quite disappointing.

This is how I see this year:

AWFUL beginning

FUN middle

DISAPPOINTING end......(?)

( the flame still flickers dimly and has not YET been extinguished...but it IS dim... )

I don't let myself get TOO worked up about it, because after all, it IS just entertainment to me and my hobbies should NOT give me ulcers.

That said, the expectations were high and the Sox only teased us with what could have been.

Basically because you just gave up on the season in one post. If the Sox won yesterday, this post doesn't come out. What if they win the division? You've already called this your most disappointing season ever? I think that's pretty premature. Plus, i didn't expect a whole lot out of this team back in april and may when they sucked, so to come through and compete for the division has been quite pleasant, not quite disappointing.

Forgive me if I don't expect any help from the 38-112 Tigers in the 7 gms they play the Twins. I admire Sox fans that refuse to give up. But reality is reality. We've got 30 gms above .500 talent. Especially when u consider the weakness of the division. We've had plenty of chances to put some distance in between ourselves and the Twins. Now we're 1 gm back in the loss department. Say we win the next 2. U really expect the Twins in SEPTEMBER to lose to Detroit? Even once. I sure as hell don't...

They are competing in a division that they should be running away with. They have talent and are deep. To be where they are at is a dissppointment. Their weakness are easily compensated for except for the mindset and direction of the team. For that see JM.

Forgive me if I don't expect any help from the 38-112 Tigers in the 7 gms they play the Twins.  I admire Sox fans that refuse to give up.  But reality is reality.  We've got 30 gms above .500 talent.  Especially when u consider the weakness of the division.  We've had plenty of chances to put some distance in between ourselves and the Twins.  Now we're 1 gm back in the loss department.  Say we win the next 2.  U really expect the Twins in SEPTEMBER to lose to Detroit?  Even once.  I sure as hell don't...

Ya, i know what you are saying, but that's why they play the games. What if we can pull off the next 2 here? It doesn't look great for Det/Min, but you just don't know. I'd rather not just give up now, no matter how it looks.

Funny thought, if WE were up a couple games in the divison and WE had seven games left with Detroit, I would still not feel very confident.  Detroit would probably take 3 from us.

Exactly.

you've really got to work at it to go into Detroit and get swept while scoring only 3 runs in 27 innings.

First game Detroit won this year was against the Sox.

Team Detroit beat the most this year was the Sox.

Team Detroit beat to start the second half of the season was the Sox.

It's a total embarrassment.

I don't know how anyone can give up yet.

But this cannot hold a candle to some past most disappointing seasons.

1994 and 1984 have been mentioned -

1967 is the one that I would give the award to as most dissapointing -

pick any season from 1960-1966 and find disappointments and missing out by 1 game -

but what about 1920 - crusing in first, a few weeks away from the series and the Black Sox thing broke and the team fell apart and there went that season and the next 38 after that.

I hate to be totally 180 degrees from most of you...

I've been a Sox fan for 40+ years.

YES, I want the team to make the playoffs. They may not. We'll see...

YES, I was disappointed last night.

But I'll take a season where we are in it with two weeks to go anytime to a season where we are watching everyone else fight it out in July and August.

If we don't make it, it hurts. But we were in it, and that's a great improvement.

I haven't thrown in the towel on the season and I hope the players get their dander up tonight and have at the Twinkies. Spit in their eye, guys!

I love the team being in the race, even if it eventually fails. Those that are afraid of failure, are never in the hunt.

If we fall short, this will be a memorable year and I'll be grateful to the Sox for some great entertainment.

Forkit!

I've been a Sox fan for 14 years now and I must say this has been without a doubt the most dissapointing season I have ever experienced as a White Sox fan.  When last season ended it wasn't that tough cause I realized we just didn't have the pitching.  But to go out and add a 20 gm winner in Bartolo Colon,  A 44 save guy in Billy Koch.  Tom Gordon,  And then in one of the steals of the 21 century Estaban Loaiza u figure the team has a great shot at winning a WEAK division.  Then we suck the 1st 3 months and it looks like the season over.  So instead of just sucking the rest of the year and sparring Sox fans anymore heartache they actually start playin well for a couple weeks.  So well Kenny Williams goes out and adds 2 very good players in Alomar and Everett.  Then later on adds a couple of solid arms in the pen.  So u have to assume that no way in hell a team with this type of talent in a s***TY division doesn't win.  But somehow some MOTHERf***IN way.  We found a way to f*** it up.  As a Sox fan I sit in total disbelief that a team with Yankees-Redsox talent failed to win a PIECE OF s*** DIVISION.  This is much worse than 94.  Atleast we can say we don't know what would've happened.  But oh well.  Let me know what u guys think...

I guess I missed the memo that said the season is over?? :bang

Last year we b****ed that we weren't contending for the playoffs. Now we're contending and everybody is running around like Chicken Little "OMG! The sky is falling!"

I just wish I had the clairevoiance like some of these posters to see into the future.

I hate to be totally 180 degrees from most of you...

I've been a Sox fan for 40+ years.

YES, I want the team to make the playoffs. They may not. We'll see...

YES, I was disappointed last night.

But I'll take a season where we are in it with two weeks to go anytime to a season where we are watching everyone else fight it out in July and August.

If we don't make it, it hurts. But we were in it, and that's a great improvement.

I haven't thrown in the towel on the season and I hope the players get their dander up tonight and have at the Twinkies. Spit in their eye, guys!

I love the team being in the race, even if it eventually fails. Those that are afraid of failure, are never in the hunt.

If we fall short, this will be a memorable year and I'll be grateful to the Sox for some great entertainment.

Forkit!

great, great post, thank you

I guess I missed the memo that said the season is over??  :bang

Last year we b****ed that we weren't contending for the playoffs.  Now we're contending and everybody is running around like Chicken Little "OMG!  The sky is falling!"

I just wish I had the clairevoiance like some of these posters to see into the future.

great, great post. thank you

I've been a Sox fan for 14 years now and I must say this has been without a doubt the most dissapointing season I have ever experienced as a White Sox fan.  When last season ended it wasn't that tough cause I realized we just didn't have the pitching.  But to go out and add a 20 gm winner in Bartolo Colon,  A 44 save guy in Billy Koch.  Tom Gordon,  And then in one of the steals of the 21 century Estaban Loaiza u figure the team has a great shot at winning a WEAK division.  Then we suck the 1st 3 months and it looks like the season over.  So instead of just sucking the rest of the year and sparring Sox fans anymore heartache they actually start playin well for a couple weeks.  So well Kenny Williams goes out and adds 2 very good players in Alomar and Everett.  Then later on adds a couple of solid arms in the pen.  So u have to assume that no way in hell a team with this type of talent in a s***TY division doesn't win.  But somehow some MOTHERf***IN way.  We found a way to f*** it up.  As a Sox fan I sit in total disbelief that a team with Yankees-Redsox talent failed to win a PIECE OF s*** DIVISION.  This is much worse than 94.  Atleast we can say we don't know what would've happened.  But oh well.  Let me know what u guys think...

I've been a White Sox fan for fifty years. ;)

How can this be the most dissapointing season, it ain't even over with yet?

Don't pull the trigger on the gun, untill you have too. :bang