Most dissapointing season ever?

Jordan4life_2003

I've been a Sox fan for 14 years now and I must say this has been without a doubt the most dissapointing season I have ever experienced as a White Sox fan.  When last season ended it wasn't that tough cause I realized we just didn't have the pitching.  But to go out and add a 20 gm winner in Bartolo Colon,  A 44 save guy in Billy Koch.  Tom Gordon,  And then in one of the steals of the 21 century Estaban Loaiza u figure the team has a great shot at winning a WEAK division.  Then we suck the 1st 3 months and it looks like the season over.  So instead of just sucking the rest of the year and sparring Sox fans anymore heartache they actually start playin well for a couple weeks.  So well Kenny Williams goes out and adds 2 very good players in Alomar and Everett.  Then later on adds a couple of solid arms in the pen.  So u have to assume that no way in hell a team with this type of talent in a s***TY division doesn't win.  But somehow some MOTHERf***IN way.  We found a way to f*** it up.  As a Sox fan I sit in total disbelief that a team with Yankees-Redsox talent failed to win a PIECE OF s*** DIVISION.  This is much worse than 94.  Atleast we can say we don't know what would've happened.  But oh well.  Let me know what u guys think...

I hate to break this to you but the season is far from over. How about waiting a couple of weeks to see just wnat a "dissappointment" this team will turn out to be.

This one has been pretty disappointing cause of what the first poster said.

I agree with most of it.

But the team we started the season with was horrific on defense.

Our Opening Day closer was pathetic.

Mark B, Wright and Jon all sucked early.

We have no team speed.

So maybe we're not that good to begin with.

The reason I'm so devastated is on paper we do have many more name players

than the stiffs in this division.

Also, Minn. was such a disappointment for so much of the season it is annoying the Twinks

are gonna likely win it.

This one has been pretty disappointing cause of what the first poster said.

I agree with most of it.

But the team we started the season with was horrific on defense.

Our Opening Day closer was pathetic.

Mark B, Wright and Jon all sucked early.

We have no team speed.

So maybe we're not that good to begin with.

The reason I'm so devastated is on paper we do have many more name players

than the stiffs in this division.

Also, Minn. was such a disappointment for so much of the season it is annoying the Twinks

are gonna likely win it.

I agree with what most of what u said. But what really gets me is that this is the worst division in all of baseball and we still couldn't get it done. If we were in the al east or west and came up short I wouldn't have a problem with it. The Twins r nowhere near as good as they were last year and they're gonna be playin in October again. All they basically did was stay close and take advantage of a cupcake September schedule...f*** THIS TEAM :fyou

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't know how anyone can give up yet.

its easy.. when the team gives up .. which has become rather aparent now.... how does one expect the fans not to give up........... ;)

But this cannot hold a candle to some past most disappointing seasons.

1994 and 1984 have been mentioned -

1967 is the one that I would give the award to as most dissapointing -

pick any season from 1960-1966 and find disappointments and missing out by 1 game -

but what about 1920 - crusing in first, a few weeks away from the series and the Black Sox thing broke and the team fell apart and there went that season and the next 38 after that.

Why 1994? We had a hell of a team. The strike killed our chances

But this cannot hold a candle to some past most disappointing seasons.

1994 and 1984 have been mentioned -

1967 is the one that I would give the award to as most dissapointing -

pick any season from 1960-1966 and find disappointments and missing out by 1 game -

but what about 1920 - crusing in first, a few weeks away from the series and the Black Sox thing broke and the team fell apart and there went that season and the next 38 after that.

Why 1994? We had a hell of a team. The strike killed our chances

hence the disappointment...

Guest hotsoxchick1
I hate to break this to you but the season is far from over.  How about waiting a couple of weeks to see just wnat a "dissappointment" this team will turn out to be.

hate to break it to ya nuke.. theres only one more week of this s*** left. it aint gonna happen......... ;)

hate to break it to ya nuke.. theres only one more week of this s*** left. it aint gonna happen......... ;)

Thank God. Atleast the White Sox didn't string us along into next week. I couldn't take the season coming down to a must win on Sunday in KC. With all the chokers we have on this team swinging for the fences down by 1 or 2 runs, we'd be doomed by the 3rd or 4th inning. And that would REALLY hurt.