Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
and in my defense, hahn waited until last week to move on a ajck, while saying they were some what done.

so isn't the grand conspiracy per se but the sox knowingly keep things quite, and with the understanding that Avi can handle the dh job if necessary. not spending the money that may be saved.

Actually the team never said that. Hahn said they were working on improving the team, and they could do something all of the way up until opening day.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
and in my defense, hahn waited until last week to move on a ajck, while saying they were some what done.

so isn't the grand conspiracy per se but the sox knowingly keep things quite, and with the understanding that Avi can handle the dh job if necessary. not spending the money that may be saved.

You don't have a defense in this case. Your point is wrong.

Sorry ---- i put this in the wrong thread. Meant to go here:

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 4m4 minutes ago Sarasota, FL

Dropping the bomb and running. smile.gif Let someone else break it. This isn't http://DKChicagoSports.com , right?

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic 7m7 minutes ago Sarasota, FL

There's a LOT more to this Adam LaRoche retirement, from what I've heard. And it really stinks on the @WhiteSox end. All I'm sayin'.

For what it's worth, this guy has 100K followers & a checkmark.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
Actually the team never said that. Hahn said they were working on improving the team, and they could do something all of the way up until opening day.

thanks for the correction.

So, anything to this?

‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

There's a LOT more to this Adam LaRoche retirement, from what I've heard. And it really stinks on the @WhiteSox end. All I'm sayin'.

That's a low class move to put that out there and not say anymore. I have no respect for writers who do that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
That's a low class move to put that out there and not say anymore. I have no respect for writers who do that.

I agree.

"All I'm sayin'." Then say nothing, jackass.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
That is the way that most are taking it, and the most likely meaning.

Why do something to force him to retire, and then allow the team to try to talk him out of it? Just doesn't add up.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Why do something to force him to retire, and then allow the team to try to talk him out of it? Just doesn't add up.

As I said in the other thread, I don't recall seeing that management tried talking him out of it, it was his teammates.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:07 PM)

the last time the sox owners took a black eye on one their moves that backfire, the owners head did a retraction like a turtle.... and nothing else was done for a long freaking time.

i just hope it was a purely innocent comment and no hidden meaning. this team looks too damn good not to add to it, to improve its chances for a spot for the playoff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
As I said in the other thread, I don't recall seeing that management tried talking him out of it, it was his teammates.

I recall Rick saying he sat down with AL for a couple hours and tried to understand his decision but that his mind was just made up. Just doesn't seem likely, but I suppose possible.

Now maybe the Sox told him that he's gonna sit on the bench the whole season, and he didn't want to do that, but I also find that a little hard to believe since he has a pretty clear role (assuming he isn't seriously injured).

EDIT: DA summarized the quotes in the other AL thread.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
I recall Rick saying he sat down in AL for a coulple hours and tried to understand his decision but that his mind was just made up. Just doesn't seem likely.

Now maybe the Sox told him that he's gonna sit on the bench the whole season, and he didn't want to do that, but I also find that a little hard to believe since he has a pretty clear role (assuming he isn't seriously injured).

It seems more likely to me that the Sox would DFA him and eat the $13M before they would use a roster spot on an indefinite benching.

Of course, they could always try to put him on the DL indefinitely, but I imagine that they would've had to prove that he's too injured to play at some point.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:16 PM)
It seems more likely to me that the Sox would DFA him and eat the $13M before they would use a roster spot on an indefinite benching.

Of course, they could always try to put him on the DL indefinitely, but I imagine that they would've had to prove that he's too injured to play at some point.

ummmm that does sound very intriguing and something the sox have done as many other teams i am sure have done.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
ummmm that does sound very intriguing and something the sox have done as many other teams i am sure have done.

Teams do that with the 15-day DL all the time, but I imagine that multiple repeats on the DL would attract some attention. I would guess that there's some oversight from the league and/or the union, but I honestly don't know.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Teams do that with the 15-day DL all the time, but I imagine that multiple repeats on the DL would attract some attention. I would guess that there's some oversight from the league and/or the union, but I honestly don't know.

Not if the player isn't on board. If LaRoche said he wasn't hurt when the Sox put him on the DL, all hell would break loose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:22 PM)
All these explanations seem too simple. Thinking it was something more complex.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
Not if the player isn't on board. If LaRoche said he wasn't hurt when the Sox put him on the DL, all hell would break loose.

i think for lack of anything else as of right now, this is the possible answer.