Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 07:18 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 2m2 minutes ago

Source: LaRoche told #WhiteSox yesterday he would take a “couple of days” before making final decision on retirement.

Not a chance in hell he should return now

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Here is a question. If LaRoche hit 25 bombs last season, does Williams have this conversation..

Maybe the Sox didn't like so much of his attention messing around with Drake this ST after coming off a dismal season, made the call.

If something like this made him retire, his head wasn't fully with the White Sox anyway.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 22s22 seconds ago

Boyer added: “I honestly think this is between good and evil. I know which side Adam lives on. I’m thankful to see the way he’s acting…

LOL

Why does his kid deserve special treatment? This is the stupidest thing imaginable.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Disagree. MLB clubhouse is no place for a kid.

I dont think what they did was wrong, but there will be the riteous writers who will rail against it. I think allowing it in the first place was wrong, though

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
David Haugh

4 mins ·

Twitter

·

If Adam LaRoche indeed retired from ‪#‎WhiteSox‬ cuz team said he couldn't have teenage son around anymore, he was looking for reason to leave.

So far, all the major Chicago media personalities are backing up the Sox

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Here is a question. If LaRoche hit 25 bombs last season, does Williams have this conversation..

No chance. But KW is now a shoe in for White Sox employee of the month and of the year. His decision resulting in $13 million in savings will endear him forever.

I don't have a problem with the KW using this policy as long as it is for the right reasons. The question I have is why wasn't this policy put in place before now? There could be logical explanations, but it is cold to all of a sudden institute this policy when you know how much it means to the father and son.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
No chance. But KW is now a shoe in for White Sox employee of the month and of the year. His decision resulting in $13 million in savings will endear him forever.

I don't have a problem with the KW using this policy as long as it is for the right reasons. The question I have is why wasn't this policy put in place before now? There could be logical explanations, but it is cold to all of a sudden institute this policy when you know how much it means to the father and son.

Maybe they saw first hand that the kid was a distraction.

I'm gonna start bringing my unemployed college roommate to work with me because I like having him around and then call my company evil when they tell me to stop. #FriendshipFirst

Am I dick for disagreeing that he's a great father? Having your kid hangout in a baseball clubhouse and take standardized tests doesn't teach him anything. He's 14. And while I don't really agree with homeschooling either, he should be either home-schooled or at a school somewhere. It's just a really weird thing. Good riddance.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
I dont think what they did was wrong, but there will be the riteous writers who will rail against it. I think allowing it in the first place was wrong, though

True, but its the world we live. People will b**** about anything. Anyone who understands the game will understand why the White Sox did what they did.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)

True, but its the world we live. People will b**** about anything. Anyone who understands the game will understand why the White Sox did what they did.

Sources: LaRoche chose to retire after #WhiteSox prez Ken Williams told him that he no longer could bring 14-year-old son into clubhouse.

LaRoche’s son, Drake, 14, has traveled with him for several years. Adam, in a Chicago Tribune story last year, called him team’s “26th man.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/710181386380947456

LaRoche’s friend, #Brewers pitcher Blaine Boyer: “He’s an unbelievable father, an unbelievable husband, a friend you can only dream of.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/710181602412769280

Boyer added: “I honestly think this is between good and evil. I know which side Adam lives on. I’m thankful to see the way he’s acting…

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/710181745233006592

“…it’s an unbelievable test of who he is, the husband he is, the father he is.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/710181821770702848

Source: LaRoche told #WhiteSox yesterday he would take a “couple of days” before making final decision on retirement.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/710182825836711936

Ken Rosenthal

1 min ·

Just talked to ‪#‎White‬ Sox president Ken Williams. Here is what he told me about LaRoche:

"There has been no policy change with regards to allowance of kids in the clubhouse, on the field, the back fields during spring training. This young man that we're talking about, Drake, everyone loves this young man. In no way do I want this to be about him.

"I asked Adam, said, 'Listen, our focus, our interest, our desire this year is to make sure we give ourselves every opportunity to focus on a daily basis on getting better. All I'm asking you to do with regard to bringing your kid to the ballpark is dial it back.'

"I don't think he should be here 100 percent of the time - and he has been here 100 percent, every day, in the clubhouse. I said that I don't even think he should be here 50 percent of the time. Figure it out, somewhere in between.

"We all think his kid is a great young man. I just felt it should not be every day, that's all. You tell me, where in this country can you bring your child to work every day?"