Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
Why would this affect future FA signings? That sounds like quite the overreaction. Very few people are siding with LaRoche on this. It will be forgotten in a week.

For all of the players that refuse to put their kids into school and have the kid with them 100% of the time anyway.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m6 minutes ago

F-bombs aplenty flew during the White Sox's meeting with Kenny Williams. Players so pissed they considered boycott, as @karlravechespn said.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Heard same as @thekapman: In a contentious meeting, Chris Sale absolutely lit up White Sox prez Kenny Williams over Adam LaRoche situation.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
The more I think about this, the more I think this has to do little to nothing about the rest of spring training, and more about the upcoming season and a change of rules. In that case, I have no sympathy for LaRoche.

I think it has a lot to do with all the new veteran faces, many of them well established in the big leagues, that put their foot down. LaRoche was no longer the big swinging dick "leader" he was in 2015 and the other vets were just like "wtf is this ish". I can see where guys like Eaton and Abreu, who were supposed to the clubhouse leaders last year, acquiescing to LaRoche because it's in their nature. But Jimmy Rollins and Alex Avila and Frazier? Hell no, those guys have enough cache to go to management and put their foot down.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Your incredibly sophisticated views on properly educating children in the 21st century.

Well thank you I appreciate it. I treat it the same as with Jay Cutler's wife and the anti vaccine mentality.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m6 minutes ago

F-bombs aplenty flew during the White Sox's meeting with Kenny Williams. Players so pissed they considered boycott, as @karlravechespn said.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 8m8 minutes ago

Heard same as @thekapman: In a contentious meeting, Chris Sale absolutely lit up White Sox prez Kenny Williams over Adam LaRoche situation.

Sale needs to grow up and learn to control his anger.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
I think it has a lot to do with all the new veteran faces, many of them well established in the big leagues, that put their foot down. LaRoche was no longer the big swinging dick "leader" he was in 2015 and the other vets were just like "wtf is this ish". I can see where guys like Eaton and Abreu, who were supposed to the clubhouse leaders last year, acquiescing to LaRoche because it's in their nature. But Jimmy Rollins and Alex Avila and Frazier? Hell no, those guys have enough cache to go to management and put their foot down.

Good post. Well said.

I can see them rolling their eyes at this guy for spring training, but the regular season? On the planes? In the hotels? There all the time? No effing way.

KW really is falling on the sword

Jeff PassanVerified account ‏@JeffPassan 5m5 minutes ago

After GM Rick Hahn and manager Robin Ventura OK'd Drake LaRoche's presence, for Williams to unilaterally say otherwise set the players off.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
Sale needs to grow up and learn to control his anger.

Especially on the field. Seen alot of times when things don't go his or white sox way and he gets pissed and starts over compensating then starts losing control a bit.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Your incredibly sophisticated views on properly educating children in the 21st century.

If the kid is really bright, he may be ahead of other kids his age doing it this way. It isn't for everyone, and I would disagree with Adam if he thinks school is not important. But there are many students who wind up not reaching their potential doing it the traditional way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 7m7 minutes ago

The main thrust of Chris Sale's anger with Kenny Williams was that he's not around enough to understand the dynamics of White Sox clubhouse.

He should be there every single minute of every day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
KW really is falling on the sword

Jeff PassanVerified account ‏@JeffPassan 5m5 minutes ago

After GM Rick Hahn and manager Robin Ventura OK'd Drake LaRoche's presence, for Williams to unilaterally say otherwise set the players off.

Question is how much presence they okd. I can't imagine them oking that Drake could be there 24/7

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 7m7 minutes ago

The main thrust of Chris Sale's anger with Kenny Williams was that he's not around enough to understand the dynamics of White Sox clubhouse.

Someone needs to tell Jeff Passan that veteran players went to Kenny Williams. He didn't just come up with this. I can't tweet right now or I would.