Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

Do we know what would have happened if LaRoche would not have retired? Kenny Williams asked LaRoche to tone it down. Did he put out a mandate that said he HAD to tone it down? What kind of grievance would even be filed? LaRoche decided to retire instead of challenging some new "policy". The policy really was never even enacted because LaRoche took his ball and went home instead.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 6m6 minutes ago

Chris Sale: "We have a much bigger problem on our hands than Kenny coming in here and kicking out a kid and LaRoche retiring."

Sounds like Sale thinks we need to go after Danks next.

It's too bad Abreu isn't more of a vocal leader. A certain part of me thinks he thinks this is all absurd.

Can you imagine a guy that has been through what he's through with his family having any sympathy for LaRoche? I bet he's like "GMAFB I had to come over here WITHOUT my family and you can't simply have your son out of the clubhouse a bit more often?"

Abreu has more perspective on fighting through adversity then any of these coddled US players like LaRoche, Sale and Eaton.

Chris Sale: "We have a much bigger problem on our hands than Kenny coming in here and kicking out a kid and LaRoche retiring."

And what would that be? The fact that some players complained? Is there now a rift between players? I can't imagine what else he'd be referring to.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:05 PM)
Do we know what would have happened if LaRoche would not have retired? Kenny Williams asked LaRoche to tone it down. Did he put out a mandate that said he HAD to tone it down? What kind of grievance would even be filed? LaRoche decided to retire instead of challenging some new "policy". The policy really was never even enacted because LaRoche took his ball and went home instead.

From what I read yesterday (don't remember where) KW did tell LaRoche to tone it down a week ago or so. LaRoche didn't comply so they talked again and that is when all of this went down.

Now I read what Sale is referring to with the lies is KW. Apparently KW said players came to him, then changed it to coaches came to him, then said it was JR. Maybe that's why they want to meet with JR.

And Frazier told Levine players did not complain about it at all.

Yeah, like consistently failing to make the playoffs. So STFU and concentrate on winning baseball games.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 06:06 PM)
And what would that be? The fact that some players complained? Is there now a rift between players? I can't imagine what else he'd be referring to.

Watched the video, it was about KW

Again he didn't kick the kid out just less time of him in there. What hell