Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Now I read what Sale is referring to with the lies is KW. Apparently KW said players came to him, then changed it to coaches came to him, then said it was JR. Maybe that's why they want to meet with JR.

And Frazier told Levine players did not complain about it at all.

Sorry but Frazier has been around for about 10 minutes, it's silly for him to think he has the pulse down of the entire team. Especially when multiple sources have said there were complaints about it from some players.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Carlos Rodon stands up slowly, looks around...."You're all being p*****s." Sits back down. Puts a dip in.

POTY.

Add a "this is f***ing stupid" intro and I think you nailed it.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
I find it ironic that these guys are so stoutly defending LaRoche despite the underlying fact that he walked out on the team.

It bc he didn't walk out on them, they all know that family comes first and that Is above all else. Also they knew he only came here bc the sox allowed his son to be there all the time. The players are 100% with LaRoche and against KW

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)

The video is a lot better then the tweets. But I think Sale saying there were no problems before this happened was wrong. There were at least a few players who wanted a change in regards to LaRoche's kid in the clubhouse

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
It's like going to the dentist. It hurts now, but in a week or so, the Sox will be fine and will theoretically have $13 million to play with.

This is the only thing I've actually agreed with you typing since this started.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
For those saying sale and Eaton should shut up and deal with this internally how the hell will that work. They can't go to Ventura bc KW went over his head with all of this, same as RH. The only option they have is to go to JR, but KW head is so far up JR *** that it won't help. So they take the only avenue available to them.

Cmon, that is ridiculously closed minded; they of course can go to their manager, or GM, any time they want to with team issues. Make their group opinion known to their manager, and then take it up the ladder with his support. That is how to be most effective, not by spouting off an emotionally charged monologue a sound bite at a time to the media.

Make a list of some the best team leaders in sports (Manning, Toews, Duncan, etc.)--do you think they would air something like this out publically? Hell no.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
It bc he didn't walk out on them, they all know that family comes first and that Is above all else. Also they knew he only came here bc the sox allowed his son to be there all the time. The players are 100% with LaRoche and against KW

This isn't necessarily true though. There's not a doubt in my mind that players complained about a 14 year old kid being around constantly.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
They reportedly do have an upcoming meeting with Reinsdorf. If only they could've kept their mouths shut until then...

Exactly. They should've had their meeting with JR BEFORE going off the rails, and all this crap could have been largely avoided. But the team 'leaders' decided they had to go off via the media, which ultimately makes this whole thing a lot harder to put to bed. KW is an idiot, but the players didn't help the situation.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Sorry but Frazier has been around for about 10 minutes, it's silly for him to think he has the pulse down of the entire team. Especially when multiple sources have said there were complaints about it from some players.

Multiple sources said the Sox were signing Cespedes. I would think he has the pulse of the team better than any of us, or any one source.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2m2 minutes ago

"about this issue and get our focus back on the field and winning baseball games."

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2m2 minutes ago

More JR: "As a result we don not want to comment until that process is completed. I have instructed members of the organization not to talk

More

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m3 minutes ago

"This is an internal issue and we are in the process of holding a number of discussions with players, staff and the front office ...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m4 minutes ago

Reinsdorf: "While we appreciate everyone's attention and interest, we continue to feel that it would be premature to comment at this time."

How pissed is JR to have to come out and make these statements. s*** is gonna go down now...

Am I the only 1 that lost a little respect for Sale after that interview? Drama Queen much? I get that Laroche was his friend and he didn't want to see him go, but why make into all of this? Sale is the distraction, not getting a terrible player and his kid out. He might was well have called him St. Laroche the way he was talking about him. Sorry Chris, but your buddy gets paid a lot and he sucks. When that's the case you might want to listen to a reasonable suggestion from upper management. And as others have said, no one kicked out or fired Laroche, he quit.

How could you possibly know this to be true tho? It has been reported otherwise by credible sources that it is not 100%, and that there were some player complaints, regardless of what the percentage might have been.

That seems unlikely, as some players were reportedly the ones who complained about Drake LaRoche being around constantly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Multiple sources said the Sox were signing Cespedes. I would think he has the pulse of the team better than any of us, or any one source.

I didn't say us fans had a better take on the team, I said I don't think he's the ultimate authority in that room to be making those type of statements for the group. Speak for yourself; he has no idea how players who dealt with it last year might have felt.