Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
Probably best to just fire KW at this point. He's the president and is showing no ability to handle the team. This will die down eventually, and go back to normal. But if he's this bad at dealing with this stuff...

Do you guys have any confidence in KW dealing with a domestic violence incident or something like that?

The beginning of the season isn't the best time to fire the guy who is in charge of baseball operations.

But I do agree that Kenny needs a change of scenery.

Read LaRoche's post. I'm sorry, but I'm on his side. I'm also on Sale and Eaton's side. Let's say we worked a job together and one of our co-workers retired or got fired. Let's just say the media really was interested in our desk jobs and reported on it. I don't care. I'd talk to the media about how pissed I am too.

KW sucks. He's got a huge ego. Always has. Now he's caught in a lie. I believe LaRoche 100% over KW. Situation has been handled poorly throughout. Sad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Probably best to just fire KW at this point. He's the president and is showing no ability to handle the team. This will die down eventually, and go back to normal. But if he's this bad at dealing with this stuff...

Do you guys have any confidence in KW dealing with a domestic violence incident or something like that?

As long as JR is owner I have a very hard time thinking Williams is going anywhere. Just the track record alone on the field the past 10 years was grounds for firing...yet nothing happened in all that time.

Mark

It's about time Laroche came out and said something. I'm personally glad it has boiled down to this now--one of those 2 guys is lying, or at the very least, bending the truth to fit their own narrative. Once they get in the room and meet with JR it shouldn't take too long to figure out who is full of it, and then it's head rolling time. It's 2 weeks until the season starts, Reinsdorf is going to squash this one way or the other shortly.

I think if anything, KW is going to step down; I just don't see JR firing him. Nor do I see any players being traded over this.

Who knows as far as Laroche goes, and if he would reconsider his retirement if KW is out of the picture.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
Was this posted yet?

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 1m1 minute ago Chicago, IL

Question from Chris Sale media session:Can this hurt the team in free agency in the future?

Sale: I don’t see how it couldn’t.

I'm getting the feeling that Sale doesn't want to play for the Sox anymore, and it probably goes well beyond this incident. He may be regretting the team-friendly contract that he signed.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
I get a weird vibe from it. The tone of the letter does not seem to fit way certain teammates are freaking out about it. Maybe its just me.

I feel like Laroche at this point is done with it and wants it over with

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)

I'm unclear as to why this is all KWs fault...Hahn? JR? Robin? I mean I don't think it is Kenny's role to manage everything you are suggesting it is.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
Wasn't it reported that AL & KW spoke last week about scaling it back? It seems AL didn't comply and then KW said then not at all.

KW does seem the type that if he felt LaRoche ignored him, the second time around he would tell him no access.

LaRoche is just doing this to make himself a martyr amid retiring from baseball after a lackluster season.

He's appeared to be done with baseball since last season. Adam Dunn sucked too, but you could tell it was taking something out of him to show up and not perform. LaRoche didn't seem to mind.

If Adam wanted to play baseball and thought this s*** would fly on any other team, he could've asked for a trade or asked to be released so he could sign somewhere else. He knows he couldn't play for another team and be this unprofessional.

He just strikes me as one of these "faith and family" guys who every little thing anyone else does is an affront to their personal values. I won't be surprised to see Mr. LaRoche out stumping with Sarah Palin sometime this summer. ��

You get to play a game for a living and make $13 million dollars - and you're still entitled to more perks? Go home.

Edited by DashFan

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
I'm getting the feeling that Sale doesn't want to play for the Sox anymore, and it probably goes well beyond this incident. He may be regretting the team-friendly contract that he signed.

Well that's on Chris then. Shouldn't have signed it.

Also R.I.P. white sox

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
I'm unclear as to why this is all KWs fault...Hahn? JR? Robin? I mean I don't think it is Kenny's role to manage everything you are suggesting it is.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything" but he decided to take on a task of managing a sensitive issue in the locker room, and did it so ineffectively that it has been national news for 3 days and has his ace pitcher openly talking s*** in the media.

That's less than inspiring from a President of the company. And what's worse, since this was handled so high up, the only escalation point is the owner.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
If KW really said no kids at all, then he was trying to make him quit. No way would LaRoche agree to that, and I don't blame him

Remember that Kenny confronted LaRoche twice about this. I would guess that Kenny completely cut off access after LaRoche didn't comply with his original request.

It's interesting since LaRoche has nothing to lose and if he's pissed at KW, putting the spotlight on him as a potential liar is a great way to get back at him. If you look at who has the incentives to do what, LaRoche can point to the money he's walking away from and the direct way that benefits KW. I still have a hard time believing that KW would go to the media and say he was okay with the kid being there some of the time if he really told LaRoche the kid couldn't come at all. If their 1-on-1 meeting was heated, though, who knows what kind of haphazard kinds of statements may have been made.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm not sure what you mean by "everything" but he decided to take on a task of managing a sensitive issue in the locker room, and did it so ineffectively that it has been national news for 3 days and has his ace pitcher openly talking s*** in the media.

That's less than inspiring from a President of the company. And what's worse, since this was handled so high up, the only escalation point is the owner.

I don't disagree, but it doesn't help when you have to deal with an immature jackass like Sale fanning the flames through the media. Sale should be fined, and possibly suspended as well.