Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
Nope, union would never allow it

and i agree and that is where there might be the problem.

who knows, i am just spit-balling here.

i just hope this does not change the sox looking to improve the ballclub.

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/...170988810539008

Dejan KovacevicVerified account

‏@Dejan_Kovacevic Dejan Kovacevic Retweeted Tebow to Bears

That's VERY impressive. Winner. Dejan Kovacevic added,

Tebow to Bears @GrobsteinCaller

@Dejan_Kovacevic @whitesox They didn't want his kid in the clubhouse this season like he was last year.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
So he retired b/c they wouldn't let his kid in the clubhouse. Lol. Wow.

This is what it sounds like. Kovacevic basically confirmed on twitter. They told him his kid couldn't be in the clubhouse anymore. Good for them if true. There is no reason for that kid to be in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
This is what it sounds like. Kovacevic basically confirmed on twitter. They told him his kid couldn't be in the clubhouse anymore. Good for them if true. There is no reason for that kid to be in the clubhouse.

Sounds like the kid was extremely professional and well-behaved, but I don't disagree with the decision.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
Sounds like the kid was extremely professional and well-behaved, but I don't disagree with the decision.

I could understand why a bunch of new players with big personalities wouldn't want a kid in the clubhouse though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
To his credit, I understand completely. He's said for a while now how having his son travel with him is so special.

It's also suspect parenting.

I highly doubt anything about this retirement will reflect badly on the White Sox. There is just so little smoke on this.

If the kid in the clubhouse story is accurate I can understand it from all sides. I don't fault the Sox or other players for not wanting someone's kid there all the time and I don't fault LaRoche for wanting to retire if he can't be with his kid. It sounds like he chose his kid over baseball and you have to respect that.

I really have no issue with either side of this.

The White Sox have every right to make a rule against children if they feel it affects winning baseball games.

If family is that important to LaRoche and he would rather walk away from the game and the money, then that's his business, he has every right to.