Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ChicagoHeel @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
WOW

@BR_WhiteSox 3m3 minutes ago

http://ChicagoBreakingSports.com - Derrick Rose on Adam LaRoche-son saga: 'That's devastating': http://ble.ac/1R1dkOL

Cant wait until Derrick explains the concept of gang bang to his kid in the locker room

Edited by RockRaines

If you needed any more support that DickAllen is a sad troll that's just here to argue with people, look no further than this thread. You support KW all the time and suddenly feel intensely against him when everyone finally agrees with him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
I see bat boys every game. I see kids not related to players visting teams every day.

No one on Soxtalk called LaRoche a bad parent or said his son was around too much when a couple articles about the situation came out last year.

If there was a policy in place saying Drake can come 3 days a week, I would be fine with it. But there wasn't, and still isn't. And he did the exact same thing last season. If it bothered a player and that is what KW is covering for, he could have waited a couple of weeks and changed the policy. LaRoche hasn't been playing so Drake's presence wasn't inhibiting his getting ready to play. If the team policy changed to no kids, that's fine too.

That is merely your opinion, and has no bearing whatsoever on the Sox decision and when they made it. And certainly doesn't make it the wrong choice because you think they should have timed it different.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Looks like LaRoche and company still going at it:

E3 Meat Company ‏@E3Meat 1h1 hour ago

Baseball is a game started by a father & son playing catch! @e3laroche #familyfirst

He really needs to make a decision and then stop trying to win this argument in the media.

I wonder how many of his employees bring their kids to work every single day?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
Do these players not even entertain offers from teams that ban families and children in the clubhouse?

Apparently it would be a deal breaker with this one particular player. That's his choice. If the guy is in a position to walk away from $13 million, let's face it, it's a situation none of us can really understand.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Man how nice would it be if he called it quits too

I remember people yesterday asking if John Danks had a kid they could ban so he would retire :D

Sad yet funny

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
If Derrick said he is pro-LaRoche, it makes me feel even stronger the WSox made the right decision

He has his kid out there all the time. Even brings him to press conferences, which I guess is considered cute and not annoying to the press.

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Kyle Long posted similar s*** yesterday like the kid was being banned for good

This is what's getting me the most. Are all of these athletes too stupid to understand gray areas? The guy can still see his f***ing son every day after work, like 99.9% of the people in the world with children and a job.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
Assuming the existence of this deal, isn't that exactly what the Sox did? The problem developed, they asked LaRoche to cut back (twice), and HE retired. They didn't weasel out of anything.

Yeah, they didn't. They tried and LaRoche rejected the offer and retired.

I was mostly responding to the other poster who made it sound like the Sox should just unilaterally make a change to this "deal" without even talking to LaRoche. Perhaps I misunderstood him, but that's what I took away from his post.

I'm not taking LaRoche's side in this 100% and condemning the Sox front office.

The more I read about this, the more it sounds like it's coming straight from Kenny rather than any of the players in the clubhouse. The players apparently were on LaRoche's side so much that they were ready to boycott a game in solidarity with him.

Edited by Doc Edwards Shot

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
I remember people yesterday asking if John Danks had a kid they could ban so he would retire :D

Sad yet funny

Danks is the suck nowadays, but I've always like him. LaRoche always had this stuck up, holier than thou demeanor and now I can totally see it.

I saw him watch 3 strikes down the middle of the plate once last year and just walk away from the batters box, that was the day I canceled my mlb.tv

I'm very happy this guy is gone. 13M that can be spent on some one useful who actually has a good attitude towards the game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
He has his kid out there all the time. Even brings him to press conferences, which I guess is considered cute and not annoying to the press.

Doesn't participate in team drills or travel with the team, I'm sure

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Kyle Long posted similar s*** yesterday like the kid was being banned for good

Lots of players who dont even have children seem to have opinions. Of course you dont hear from the other side of the argument because nobody in their right mind wants to speak out against having children in the locker room because a bunch of trolls would immediately equate that to being a bad parent or anti-family.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Or he just wants to be with his family. His dad said he wouldn't have signed with the White Sox had they not told him having his kid around would be a problem. In the articles I linked he even mentioned there are a lot of teams that ban kids.

I

The kid is not banned. The White Sox did not believe he would be with the team 24/7 every day of the season which is wholly unacceptable.

Can you explain why you feel the White Sox employees are responsible for this kid, they are not a day care facility?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
This is what's getting me the most. Are all of these athletes too stupid to understand gray areas? The guy can still see his f***ing son every day after work, like 99.9% of the people in the world with children and a job.

Like much of 21st century America, yes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)

Right, so hes around under 50% of the time, or otherwise what LaRoche was offered

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
Doesn't participate in team drills or travel with the team, I'm sure

Also doesn't do errands, clean up and help out. It is strange the team reaction is so strong when this LaRoche kid was nothing but a pain in the ass. Why didn't you tell us what a nuisance Drake LaRoche was last season?

Why isn't everyone saying what an idiot Chris Sale is for being pissed off about it?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)

Oh does his son sit on the bench during games? I didnt know that