Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
Eaton speaking out on his personal Twitter account is about free speech which is why I brought it up. The point is that I respect the fact that Eaton has the right to say what he likes on his Twitter account ( free speech ) but the LaRoche issue is one that should have remained in the clubhouse until LaRoche made his final decision and all the facts were out, which not all the facts are out yet.

Nobody has restricted Eatons right to say anything on Twitter, that doesn't mean a team rep shouldn't tell Eaton that he needs to be a little bit more edited in what he says on Twitter so they don't have to keep putting out these small fires that keep getting set all over the place

Citing "free speech!" is wrong

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Just because he owns the company doesn't mean it is him tweeting. I would bet everything I own it isn't him tweeting.

he is guilty by associations. he may not have said it, but he was or did condone someone was doing this in his favor.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
LaRoche hasn't said anything but his company, his father, Pittsburgh writers, and his brother tried to get it out there as soon as possible.

So what. Do you have a brother? Are you responsible for what comes out of his mouth?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
Nobody has restricted Eatons right to say anything on Twitter, that doesn't mean a team rep shouldn't tell Eaton that he needs to be a little bit more edited in what he says on Twitter so they don't have to keep putting out these small fires that keep getting set all over the place

you may have a point, but lets say, he needed to have shown more maturity in doing what is his right.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:45 AM)
part of this i agree.

what i have a heartburn is, it was a dynamics of the clubhouse and should have stayed there.

I agree, it should have stayed in the clubhouse. That's why I worded my last few posts the way I did. I respect Eaton's right to speak his mind on his Twitter account but this issue is really nothing to do with him so in this case, he should STFU. The issue is between LaRoche, KW and the players that may have complained.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)

Citing free speech is wrong with reference to someone speaking their mind on social media? Really? Yeah, OK... :huh:

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
he is guilty by associations. he may not have said it, but he was or did condone someone was doing this in his favor.

Where does it stop? If someone you work with says something, is that on you?

If Adam LaRoche had a good year last year, I am thinking many opinions would be quite different, and Chris Sale and Adam Eaton wouldn't be stooges, but a brave heroes willing to go up against the almighty KW.

I do hope for all those that called LaRoche selfish, if he does change his mind, they will have the courtesy of taking it back.

It's funny when Cuddyer retired, many wondered, why not LaRoche. They wanted LaRoche to go away. He goes away, now he's a bad father, selfish, quit on the team....He left and gave the White Sox $13 million. The anger should be happiness.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
I agree, it should have stayed in the clubhouse. That's why I worded my last few posts the way I did. I respect Eaton's right to speak his mind on his Twitter account but this issue is really nothing to do with him so in this case, he should STFU. The issue is between LaRoche, KW and the players that may have complained.

i know, you are more diplomatic than i. the main quantifier of this whole thing, this was a group of so called boys club and their immaturity and now it might harm the success of the club.

just b/c they are so-called adults, per their age says so, they acted like little immature spoiled kids.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:57 AM)
Citing free speech is wrong with reference to someone speaking their mind on social media? Really? Yeah, OK... :huh:

Im saying that he can say what he wants, but there could be repercussions. Nobody is restricting his right to free speech though

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
So what. Do you have a brother? Are you responsible for what comes out of his mouth?

It's his company. He can't claim that the f***ing company is his and then say that he had nothing to do with the tweets. He hasn't said that but I'm just saying. If LaRoche didn't want the company saying these things, they wouldn't be out there. He is selfish. In this case, I'm glad he's being selfish because he sucks and I'm glad he's no longer on my favorite baseball team. That doesn't make him any less of an irrational baby though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
Just because he owns the company doesn't mean it is him tweeting. I would bet everything I own it isn't him tweeting.

You can't possibly be this naive. His family, friends, agents, and media contacts have been sharing intimate details from his side of the story non-stop. The story started this way. If he wanted it quiet you don't think he would have asked all of these people to keep it that way?

They can't stop talking about it.

Edited by shakes

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)

If Adam LaRoche had a good year last year, I am thinking many opinions would be quite different, and Chris Sale and Adam Eaton wouldn't be stooges, but a brave heroes willing to go up against the almighty KW.

I do hope for all those that called LaRoche selfish, if he does change his mind, they will have the courtesy of taking it back.

It's funny when Cuddyer retired, many wondered, why not LaRoche. They wanted LaRoche to go away. He goes away, now he's a bad father, selfish, quit on the team....He left and gave the White Sox $13 million. The anger should be happiness.

working for the government, there is a clause in harassment in the work place. the guilty parties will be subject to penalty and the person will be responsible for their actions, words, statments and any other form of communicated words via over any kind of social network.

2nd, it doesn't matter if laroche was good or not, this is black and white for me. it is part of the rules of what the boss is entitle to expect from their office.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)

If Adam LaRoche had a good year last year, I doubt he'd be retiring.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:59 AM)
This season is already off to a fantastic start.

I think the whole situation is a ploy to make the Sox significant some way in Chicago. All of the focus is usually on the other side of town now that they have gotten much better at baseball.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
You can't possibly be this naive. His family, friends, agents, and media contacts have been sharing intimate details from his side of the story non-stop. The story started this way. If he wanted it quiet you don't think he would have asked all of these people to keep it that way?

They can't stop talking about it.

One thing I can tell you is I am not naïve.

You are assuming every pro LaRoche tweet, story, etc. is planted by him. You may be the naïve one.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
I think the whole situation is a ploy to make the Sox significant some way in Chicago. All of the focus is usually on the other side of town now that they have gotten much better at baseball.

well at least in my case, it's completely backfired and reinforced my opinion that the management of this team from top to bottom has been a s*** show for years and won't be improving any time soon.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
If Adam LaRoche had a good year last year, I doubt he'd be retiring.

Of course not, because Drake wouldn't be an issue. I know you know that.

The White Sox promised him something, they weaseled out of their promise, and he did them a favor and walked away from $13 million. Be happy.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
Yes. Adam can't bring his daughter either. On the other hand there probably isn't a father in the world who would have any desire to bring his girl around a Major League Baseball team.

Who says??? You just found a father who pulled his kid out of school ( and actually normal life) for over a month so he can follow him around. There is probably another one who wants his daughter to do the same.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
One thing I can tell you is I am not naïve.

You are assuming every pro LaRoche tweet, story, etc. is planted by him. You may be the naïve one.

The basis of it is planted by him. That's how his side of the story is continually getting out.

If he just wanted to retire, he could have walked away and said he wanted to spend more time with his family, and left it at that. Everyone would've applauded him and we could've gotten back to talking about normal stuff around here......like what age is appropriate for boys to start seeing grown strangers naked.

Edited by shakes

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)

Not sure I agree. I think Jimmy Rollins and Alex Avila still would have had an issue with a 14 year old being around constantly.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)

this hyperbole of what if he had perform better is useless , it did not happen. so why is everyone bringing it up.

deal with the know facts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)

The White Sox promised him something, they weaseled out of their promise, and he did them a favor and walked away from $13 million. Be happy.

They "weaseled" out of their promise when veteran players complained. They told him it was fine last year and I agree there. The problem is, when new players on the team are bothered by it, the situation needs to be addressed. And it just was.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Not sure I agree. I think Jimmy Rollins and Alex Avila still would have had an issue with a 14 year old being around constantly.

I don't think Avila had anything to do with it. There are photos with Avila with his arm around him and Drake driving him around in a golf cart.

And even if they did, if they went to KW and KW said something to LaRoche and LaRoche said fine, I'll just go home, KW would say, on second thought, Drake is a fine boy. Seeing him every day is great.

Edited by Dick Allen