Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:04 PM)
Well at least we know why Sale and Drake got along so well. Sale has the mental stability of a 14 year old. Good lord. The lack of leadership talk from last year is absolutely true. They had nobody to do it. Definitely isn't Chris Sale.

more like a mental midget, but that would be offending the small people of the world.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Quick guess is KW told the clubhouse LaRoche didn't have an agreement with the club prior to signing a contract about Drake's access

Which is probably only half true.

I wish that the Sox would put as much energy into defense and base-running as they do into their defense of Drake LaRoche.

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
the best course is to totally ignore every media attempt to talk to the sox FO.

go totally quiet .

That's part of the problem.

For whatever reason/s, Hahn, Ventura and Reinsdorf have yet to weigh in.

Perhaps they're waiting for today's deadline to pass with LaRoche officially retiring for fear of creating the complete nightmare situation of LaRoche trying to reverse course and come back again.

This is a lose/lose situation for the front office when they address the media. They have to decide whether theyre going to:

Admit they promised Drake access and say the front office decided independently it was too much. Which will make them look like assholes.

They can say unnamed players requested KW to talk to Adam about bringing the kid around less. Which is going to make Drake feel worse than he already does, knowing that he wasnt wanted around the clubhouse by other players.

Or they can just tell the truth and say x and y player came to me and said they didnt feel the clubhouse was an environment for a kid to be around 100% of the time. Just telling the truth would have the same results with letting Drake publicly and officially know he wasnt wanted around all the time by multiple players and coaches, and would make the front office look like theyre rolling on the players to save their own ass.

Its not hard to understand why the front office hasnt commented further when you figure that just telling the truth will probably have the worst repercussions and will leave pretty much everyone involved looking absolutely terrible.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)
Sale has to be referring to the Drake/LaRoche situation in terms of his right to be in the clubhouse...

And now Sale's not only saying KW lied or went back on his word, Chris somehow feels his position in the organization as one of the two franchise players allows him to "force" or "push" or limit KW completely in his access to that same domain.

While not quite the equivalent of Sculley pushing out Steve Jobs, he's definitely overstepping.

This is to the point where Jerry Reinsdorf needs to step in and settle things, like he did with Ozzie and KW.

no offense to anyone, but i would look to JR's age and let his pres take care of business or bring in JR's son.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Just to throw a bit of humor into the thread...

LaRoche = Eddie Harris

Rollins= Pedro Cerrano

" Up your butt, Jobu" :P

I was hoping someone would toss this in here.

My dad and I talked about how if a player like Pedro Cerrano existed and lived in the clubhouse, would LaRoche be tolerant of his having an altar in his locker?

Let's remember the Sox were pretty accommodating of LaRoche when they gave him a faith day that allowed him to bring in a homophobic hate-monger that he pals around with. Or how they gave his kid a locker.

To act like the Sox were hating on LaRoche's values is hysterical.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:08 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 34s34 seconds ago

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

Well this is a f***ing nightmare.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
At this rate, this thread will be bigger than the Cespedes one when it's all said and done.

and i was wondering if this had run its course and should be shut down.

boy was i wrong. ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
Which creates even more issues in the clubhouse.

So if some players complained, you don't think guys like Sale have any idea they did? It would seem to me he would think there were some snakes in the room who go crying to KW anytime they feel like they need to.

I think this whole thing would have been better served if the guys who had a problem, if there are guys who had a problem aired it out with LaRoche and the rest of the team. Part of this s*** storm is KW not being in the clubhouse much making clubhouse decisions.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Right or wrong, no matter if you agree with the decision by management on LaRoche, this was completely mishandled.

Yeah, can't remember last time an organization had such a bad issue like this. I'm shocked Reinsdorf has been quiet.