Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 34s34 seconds ago

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

24/7 total access????

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
Right or wrong, no matter if you agree with the decision by management on LaRoche, this was completely mishandled.

This is correct, but still, talk about a couple of coddled little crybabies acting as clubhouse cancers. Worst part is they were hailed as leaders just last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 34s34 seconds ago

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

If that's true, why haven't we heard about it until now? That doesn't make sense.

If only we didn't promise LaRoche he could bring his son into the clubhouse everyday. Then we could have spent his $12 million elsewhere last year AND had $13 million more to spend in the off-season this year.

That signing looks worse than Adam Dunn's right now and it's not even about the production.

QUOTE (Baron @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:13 AM)
I'm getting real sick of Chris Sale and Eaton. Shut the f*** up and play baseball.

I'm actually glad both are being so vocal on this issue because (a) it clearly highlights dysfunction in management of this organization and perhaps that will get addressed and (b) I always like to see players rally around one another. Plus, the fact that both see themselves as leaders on this team is a good thing, IMO.

And/or Ventura and Hahn not being strong enough to stand up to LaRoche...which would be understandable enough if he put up MVP numbers last season, heck, a century of baseball superstition would say you don't mess with that at all, but that definitely wasn't the case.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
If that's true, why haven't we heard about it until now? That doesn't make sense.

And why would Kenny flat out lie (per the Sun-Times link)?

And honestly, with Sale, get Friedman on the phone if he keeps this up. Put Eaton on the market as well.

Edit: I'm not saying at this exact moment, but if they keep going.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
I'm actually glad both are being so vocal on this issue because (a) it clearly highlights dysfunction in management of this organization and perhaps that will get addressed and (b) I always like to see players rally around one another. Plus, the fact that both see themselves as leaders on this team is a good thing, IMO.

No it's not. Not when it causes this mess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin 8m8 minutes ago

Eaton says La Roche told him he did have contractual agreement for son to be in clubhouse.

Case closed. LaRoche said it.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
Right or wrong, no matter if you agree with the decision by management on LaRoche, this was completely mishandled.

I don't think "this" was mishandled.

More like Robin has no control of his clubhouse.

Reason #45465332 he should not be the manager of this team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
I don't think "this" was mishandled.

More like Robin has no control of his clubhouse.

Reason #45465332 he should not be the manager of this team.

From what's come out, the respect the team has for him is what saved a boycott