Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
I was hoping someone would toss this in here.

My dad and I talked about how if a player like Pedro Cerrano existed and lived in the clubhouse, would LaRoche be tolerant of his having an altar in his locker?

Let's remember the Sox were pretty accommodating of LaRoche when they gave him a faith day that allowed him to bring in a homophobic hate-monger that he pals around with. Or how they gave his kid a locker.

To act like the Sox were hating on LaRoche's values is hysterical.

Not to be hyper critical of your opinion, but when something like this is posted the question needs to be asked... Can you speak for what Adam Laroche would do or say in that situation?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
And that's fine. Great.

Now Robin needs to say some s*** like "How about we channel all this anger and frustration towards winning games for Adam and Drake, instead of on Twitter."

Whatever. I don't care. Just make them shut up. For the sake of the poor kid, even.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen to guys like Sale and Eaton because have all of the leverage. And they know it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
And why would Kenny flat out lie (per the Sun-Times link)?

And honestly, with Sale, get Friedman on the phone if he keeps this up. Put Eaton on the market as well.

Edit: I'm not saying at this exact moment, but if they keep going.

Again, I must agree. Sale rubbed me wrong with binocular-gate and now this BS just adds to it. Eaton rubbed me wrong last year when he had a hissy over sitting out for a game. Sale and Eaton are acting like toddlers that need to be put over the knee for a good old fashioned spanking.

I'm not overly emotional on this but if they both keep this crap up, trade them when the opportunity comes along. They are both too stupid to realise they are a clubhouse distraction with their nonsense.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
I don't think "this" was mishandled.

More like Robin has no control of his clubhouse.

Reason #45465332 he should not be the manager of this team.

ah man, i really hate to get into this.

i don't think it was mishandled. the sox FO wanted to keep it in the clubhouse.

who started to leak the story and really, has the sox officials came back out to discuss it???

Clue Heywood ‏@ClueHeywood 7m7 minutes ago

Yet another reminder that most baseball players are weird rednecks who'd probably be alcoholic tire store managers if they couldn't hit.

Agreed!

I completely agree with Rosenbloom on this one too - why not be pissed at the guy that just quit on you and baseball because he was asked not to have his kid around 24/7?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
Not to be hyper critical of your opinion, but when something like this is posted the question needs to be asked... Can you speak for what Adam Laroche would do or say in that situation?

I cannot, but it has crossed my mind.

I do know that LaRoche is friends with a despicable hate-mongering homophobe and that the White Sox let them have the entire f***ing stadium. They were accommodating. What if a non-Christian player felt offended by that? Or the Jewish owner?

Faith and family first and the Sox let him have both. Now he's throwing a tantrum because they asked for a little less out of respect for the players.

If Adam wants to hide behind "faith and family first" to act like some paragon of morality in a battle of good vs. evil, make himself out to be a martyr and throw a tantrum all so he can disrespect the wishes of a few players and make himself and his son special snowflakes, then he's quite frankly an awful teammate and person.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
WTF!

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m3 minutes ago

Sale: 'We were a steam engine going ahead and kind of derailed it. There was absolutely no problem in here & [KW] kind of created a problem'

ahhh then drop it the f***ing texts.. and such

I gotta say...as weird as all of this is, couldn't they just let spring training end with the kid there, and just say, "No kids travel with the team this year, unless it's a family trip."

That would have been a better compromise, but whatever. f 'em.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
1) Kenny said there wasn't. So now someone is lying, but we can't take either for fact.

2) The clause could very well say "Drake LaRoche is welcome in the clubhouse", not "Drake LaRoche has unlimited access to White Sox facilities"

Or it could have been a Gentleman's agreement done by a handshake. I know people would be surprised by that possibility, but some folks still think that's a way to do business. If having the youngster in the clubhouse was allowed by Rick Hahn and Robin Ventura then it is none of Kenny Williams business and he should NEVER have interfered. I have to wonder about the comments mad by KW on what he was trying to do. He said this was a case of trying to change things and get people to focus on the task at hand, etc, etc, and what makes this year different then the other dozen plus since KW has been in the management role?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:35 AM)
I gotta say...as weird as all of this is, couldn't they just let spring training end with the kid there, and just say, "No kids travel with the team this year, unless it's a family trip."

That would have been a better compromise, but whatever. f 'em.

That's a lot more restrictive than what they just asked for, which is to just dial it back. I wouldn't have wanted this to come out right at the start of the season. Better now so that at least has a chance to blow over in the next two weeks.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
Or it could have been a Gentleman's agreement done by a handshake. I know people would be surprised by that possibility, but some folks still think that's a way to do business. If having the youngster in the clubhouse was allowed by Rick Hahn and Robin Ventura then it is none of Kenny Williams business and he should NEVER have interfered. I have to wonder about the comments mad by KW on what he was trying to do. He said this was a case of trying to change things and get people to focus on the task at hand, etc, etc, and what makes this year different then the other dozen plus since KW has been in the management role?

I understand, but handshake agreements change. See: Buehrle - Marlins.

Players complained. It's their business, their clubhouse.

And Kenny only asked him to scale it back, not banish the kid to the fifth circle of hell.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 33s34 seconds ago Scottsdale, AZ

Sale: "Rick, I truly believe is trying to build a winning team. We have a lot of respect for that guy."

This truly is a players vs KW thing. Can't get rid of 25 players

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
Again, I must agree. Sale rubbed me wrong with binocular-gate and now this BS just adds to it. Eaton rubbed me wrong last year when he had a hissy over sitting out for a game. Sale and Eaton are acting like toddlers that need to be put over the knee for a good old fashioned spanking.

I'm not overly emotional on this but if they both keep this crap up, trade them when the opportunity comes along. They are both too stupid to realise they are a clubhouse distraction with their nonsense.

ahh sexual harassment there.... they may like it.