Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
What does it matter what they say? Eaton, the player rep and vocal defender of LaRoche said LaRoche told him its written in the contract. If it is, get rid of KW and admit they made a mistake, if it isnt LaRoche is caught lying and his credibility is gone. KW has already stated its not in his contract. One of them is lying and we have a way to find out who when the details of the contract are eventually exposed. LaRoches camp may have made a grave mistake by saying it was written in his contract instead of sticking to the hand shake deal that could never be proven.

And yes, if it is in the contract not only is KW out of bounds he needs to be fired and held accountable for whatever laws he violated.

+1

There very well could be something in LaRoche's contract that alludes to his having family in the clubhouse but in a way that wouldn't restrict KW from telling him to reduce the amount of time the kid is in there.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
It would definitely hurt but if you aren't winning with these guys, there's something up.

I don't agree with this logic at all. Even Trout can only add about 10 wins by himself. To make the playoffs you need many times more than that from the rest of the team.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
What does it matter what they say? Eaton, the player rep and vocal defender of LaRoche said LaRoche told him its written in the contract.

That's not really what Eaton said. He said there was an agreement. He didn't say it was in writing, unless I missed it.

Obviously, you can have oral contracts too. They're just harder to enforce.

If there is a provision in the written contract, I doubt it gives LaRoche unlimited discretion in that regard. That would be sort of foolish for the Sox to agree to.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
That's not really what Eaton said. He said there was an agreement. He didn't say it was in writing, unless I missed it.

Obviously, you can have oral contracts too. They're just harder to enforce.

If there is a provision in the written contract, I doubt it gives LaRoche unlimited discretion in that regard. That would be sort of foolish for the Sox to agree to.

Bob NightengaleVerified account ‏@BNightengale 1h1 hour ago

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

Thats sure what it sounds like he is saying to me.

This is what happens when you have a rudderless ship. There's no doubt anyof this happens in a Mike Sciosia clubhouse.

Chris Sale has the emotional maturity of a teenager, no wonder he's on the side of Drake.

What piss poor "leaders" this team has all the way from Eaton and Sale to RV. Thank goodness they brought in more outsiders that have stirred the drink.

I hope these guys show up to the park every day pissed off and fired up. It sure as hell can't hurt as the opposite approach hasn't worked.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
Why don't Hahn or Reinsdorf come right out and directly state the language wasn't included in the contract?

I'd guess it's because Reinsdorf decided that Kenny would be the "bad cop" in this situation and would do all of the talking.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Why don't Hahn or Reinsdorf come right out and directly state the language wasn't included in the contract?

Because there's now apparently this grievance pending?

His silence on this is incredible. Almost makes you wonder if he really is against KW in this.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Bob NightengaleVerified account ‏@BNightengale 1h1 hour ago

Player rep Adam Eaton said Adam LaRoche had clause in contract to allow son and players union now involved #whitesox

Thats sure what it sounds like he is saying to me.

Ah, thanks. I was reading another tweet that was vaguer than that one.

Like someone else said, if there is a clause, it would be a bit bizarre if the Sox gave up complete control over the clubhouse. It could easily have at least some qualifiers in there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Bill Shaikin ‏@BillShaikin 23m23 minutes ago

Chris Sale, ripping Ken Williams, on clubhouse access debacle: "If we’re all here to win a championship, this kind of stuff doesn’t happen."

Hey, Chris: how about you don't get yourself suspended this year at a critical time of the season because you couldn't control your temper?

God, when your best pitcher is this much of a knucklehead it really make it hard to root for him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)
Because why should they have to confirm the obvious?

And didn't KW already say there wasn't any such clause in the contract? Hard to believe that there was, otherwise KW is really, really stupid.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)

Chris Sale, ripping Ken Williams, on clubhouse access debacle: "If we’re all here to win a championship, this kind of stuff doesn’t happen."

What in the hell does Sale know about winning a championship? Does he think that publicly and privately attacking the team's VP is part of achieving that goal?

And then there's Kenny, who has actually won a championship...

Man I hope KW ends up resigning or getting fired over this. I've wanted that guy gone since he tried trading The Big Hurt after 2002 and hated him even more after his tirade against Frank when he left after 2005. The guy is an absolute ego maniac and I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:13 PM)

To be fair, neither would Adam LaRoche or a players son every day.