Boston writer creates Hanley Ramirez rumor

fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
From a Boston writer:

Jay Kenney ‏@RealJayKenney 5h5 hours ago Boston, MA

Rumblings today that Hanley Ramirez could be sent to the Chicago White Sox. Nothing concrete though

Anybody know how many kids Hanley has?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
From a Boston writer:

Jay Kenney ‏@RealJayKenney 5h5 hours ago Boston, MA

Rumblings today that Hanley Ramirez could be sent to the Chicago White Sox. Nothing concrete though

f*** no. Boston better be paying for almost all of it if it's even remotely true.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
f*** no. Boston better be paying for almost all of it if it's even remotely true.

To be fair, he hit substantially better than LaRoche last year, and is a much better bet to bounce back.

But yeah, I'd want most of the contract paid for.

Even then, it puts a risky piece in the lineup for many years.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Oh my god I had no idea he was getting that much. I knew it was big but I thought it decreased.

If you thought we spent our money poorly last off-season, Boston outdid us by at least a hundred million with Hanley and Panda.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
To be fair, he hit substantially better than LaRoche last year, and is a much better bet to bounce back.

But yeah, I'd want most of the contract paid for.

Even then, it puts a risky piece in the lineup for many years.

Avi hit better than him last year. It'd be buying low on a potential bounce back, but a really really expensive one at that.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
If they eat all but $20M, and Hanley agrees to forgo the vesting option. Otherwise, no thanks. Also not the LH bat we need.

looks like he has deleted this tweet? i do not see it anywhere on his handle anymore

It would pretty much take the type of deal that Anaheim did to send Josh Hamilton back to Texas before I would be on board with this. He is lazy, surly, and has no interest in doing what is best for the team. He also seems to be in a decline mode with a ton of money coming to him in the future meaning he has no incentive to keep working.

Not saying I'm in favor of getting him, but I think he got pretty unlucky last year. His batted ball profile was good, and he hit the ball very hard, so he's a good bet to bounce back. He was also hitting the ball very well until he got hurt. However, I do not want him through 2019. No thanks.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 16, 2016 -> 06:10 PM)
Not saying I'm in favor of getting him, but I think he got pretty unlucky last year. His batted ball profile was good, and he hit the ball very hard, so he's a good bet to bounce back. He was also hitting the ball very well until he got hurt. However, I do not want him through 2019. No thanks.

I'd prefer to let the Red Sox choke on that contract. I wouldn't believe it until I see something from someone who isn't a glorified blogger.